User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on the WPR rescue

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    Indeed.The most important thing is they have good forever homes.The last I heard was on Friday that they still needed to place 300 birds.They are beginning to panic as well,since vet bills and food have now hit $300000/ month.
    "Ivo"

2. The following user likes this post:

plax (12-13-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Wow! That's a lot of debt

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

EDIT:
    Are you sure about that figure being per month?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    Yes..it includes food and vet bills.One of the local vets works her practice during the day and then heads over to the rescue to care for the sick birds.Im not sure if that includes employee wages
    "Ivo"

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Hmm, okay. It's just somewhat difficult to imagine racking up one third of one million dollars each month in expenditures. So that would be $1000 per bird per month based on there being 300 birds left, right? That's a huge financial obligation!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    All's I know is, there are too many parrots being bred in hopes of forever homes.

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    All's I know is, there are too many parrots being bred in hopes of forever homes.
    Indeed! It's a perpetual tragedy

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (12-16-2016)

Parrots

I can't find the article that quotes that number .Anyone interested can use google and search Greyhaven rescue.Its possible that my old brain misread an it's the amount they are in debt since they took in all the birds.
    "Ivo"

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Cedardave View Post
    Its possible that my old brain misread an it's the amount they are in debt since they took in all the birds.
    I really bet that's what the figure represents. Thanks, Dave.

Parrots

I have a sad and ironic irony to add to this storey.As i had posted before, there are no qualified rescues in our provence so we were considering adding a new building to do so.
    Were awful busy and thus far havent got there yet.However, we were contacted by a young woman a few weeks back who left a message that simply said " i have some macaws and dont know what to do with them" ....of course I had to follow up. It turns out there were 2 blue and golds, a greenwing and a harlequin. This poor womans mother had passed 2 days earlier with no direction on what was to become of her birds. All 4 of these came into the WPF and then Greyhaven. greyhaven sent her 4 macaws ....tthe greenwing and harlequin were a pair,and on the aggressive side. This woman was able to split the blue and golds between her mothers friend and herself since they were tame...we accepted the greenwing and harlequin as surrenders. I find it ironic that Greyhaven would offer out a breeding pair to someone with no breeding experiance. The end result is we have received them in good health and they will live out their lives here...
    "Ivo"

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-16-2017), plax (07-16-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Glad to know you and your wife will be taking care of these two GW's. Thank you both for your tireless efforts in having these birds live out their lives with your family. How exciting to be thinking of expanding your aviary so you can have more space for them.
    Sad that their are so many who need your TLC.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Lady; 07-16-2017 at 01:55 AM.

14. The following user likes this post:

plax (07-16-2017)