User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaggy, my chew-chew monkey

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Shaggy, my chew-chew monkey

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0015.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	4731

We are off to the vet again on Monday. Another beak trim. I'm hoping this isn't going to have to be a forever monthly visit thing. I'll try and get a good pic of his beak, head on, for you to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-03-2016), Dragonlady2 (12-03-2016), Lady (12-04-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Wow, he is so beautiful. Does he mind having his beak trimmed?

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (12-03-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Well..Rosalyn, I wouldn't say he enjoys it he gets home pretty subdued and is quiet for quite awhile..poor buddy.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    He is playing with his toy so gently! What a sweet guy. Hopefully he won't have to go to the vet so often in the future.
    Rosie & Kendra

7. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-04-2016), Mare (12-04-2016), Quakerella (12-03-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Well..Rosalyn, I wouldn't say he enjoys it he gets home pretty subdued and is quiet for quite awhile..poor buddy.
    Awe, but I bet he gets a special treat afterwards

9. The following user likes this post:

Mare (12-04-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post
    Wow, he is so beautiful. Does he mind having his beak trimmed?
    Probably about as much as we like going to the dentist.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

11. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-04-2016), Lady (12-04-2016), Mare (12-04-2016), plax (12-04-2016), Quakerella (12-03-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Last month when we were at the vets, I was in the room while the dremel came into play. I will not do that again. I could tell he wasn't happy and it made me very uncomfortable having to watch. Much like Jean-Pierre suggests..a tooth being drilled comes to mind! He was toweled and held blindfolded. I can only imagine that he's had to go through this procedure many times through his life with a crooked beak. I'm hoping my vet is correct in thinking this can be improved with regular trims.

13. The following user likes this post:

Lady (12-04-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    He is playing with his toy so gently! What a sweet guy. Hopefully he won't have to go to the vet so often in the future.

He really is a sweetheart, Kendra. Today we set up our Christmas tree and I made sure he was in the room, on his perch, to witness the whole development of a tree growing in his living room . I didn't want him freaking out when I bring him out tomorrow. My neice and her 8yr. old daughter were here helping and Shaggy was totally groovy with everything going on. Yayyy!..Shaggy!!

15. The following 6 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-04-2016), Dragonlady2 (12-04-2016), kendrafitz (12-04-2016), Lady (12-04-2016), plax (12-04-2016), Quakerella (12-04-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

..drrr.. umm..let's see if this works..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	4733Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0034.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	4734

Can you see how his upper beak leans to his right? It rubs on that lower beak's point and therefore allows the other side to continue to grow. He's not a huge chewer of wood but I keep trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-04-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Can you see how his upper beak leans to his right? It rubs on that lower beak's point and therefore allows the other side to continue to grow. He's not a huge chewer of wood but I keep trying.
    I do see it now, and that is one powerful looking beak. I hope the trimming helps.

19. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-04-2016), Mare (12-04-2016)