User Tag List

Thread: Introductions..

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Introductions..

I have a stand for Shaggy in the living room that I bring him to when Tim brings Sassy out. So far, so good..they pretty much just ignore each other. I've not yet rolled Sassy's cage into Shaggy's room.

Today, Tim had Sassy on his shoulder in front of the fireplace, all is calm and happy until I bring out the three little amigo cockatiels, setting on my shoulders. Holy Moley! You would think a firecracker had gone off! Sassy screams, takes off at the same time the 'tiels take off and it's like Star Wars in the living room! FRICK! Sassy flys to my shoulder while the cockatiels hover around me looking for a place to land..on me!

I put my arms up and called them. Two landed on my hand and the one that landed on my head got jumped by Sassy! Yikes! Anyways, everyone calmed down, got put back in their cage and tomorrow's another day .

I really didn't expect Sassy and the babies to react that way, they are roomed together, in separate cages but, still..

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Oh my Mare, I can just imagine the chaos surrounding you. Glad you got them all back safely.
    I wouldn't have expected that if they are in the same room, you would think they would be used to one another.
    Could Sassy have been jealous of you having the babies on your shoulder?

3. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-03-2016), Lady (12-05-2016), Mare (12-03-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Rosalyn, I don't think Sassy was jealous, Tim is her person, not me..I'm just happy she didn't bite me! . Thankfully, we are use to chaos when dealing with our birds. I think Mi Amigo had set us on our path to being receptive to what ever comes along. I miss my big bird and am thankful for his lessons in life.

5. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-03-2016), kendrafitz (12-03-2016), Lady (12-05-2016), Quakerella (12-03-2016)