User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    How true is that!?!?!? What has Bella done?
    Bella has taken a bite out of every electrical cord, cable etc in the room. I cover them up, hide them, whatever, and she knows exactly where they are. If I leave the room for anything, when I come back, she is somewhere she is not supposed be. The room she is in has a playstand, boings and orbits. None of those areas interest her. She can be quite mischievous at times.

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-08-2016), kendrafitz (11-24-2016), Mare (11-24-2016), Quakerella (11-24-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Ohh..crap! Tim's happy to know, we are not alone . Sandpaper and a bit of fresh paint..voila! It turns into art!
    And don't forget to use bird-safe paint and to keep Rosie out of the area until it fully cures.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-24-2016), kendrafitz (11-24-2016), Mare (11-24-2016), Quakerella (11-24-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Bella has taken a bite out of every electrical cord, cable etc in the room. I cover them up, hide them, whatever, and she knows exactly where they are. If I leave the room for anything, when I come back, she is somewhere she is not supposed be. The room she is in has a playstand, boings and orbits. None of those areas interest her. She can be quite mischievous at times.
    I can relate. Zaf is the same way. When I leave the room he goes on a mission of destruction. He especially likes to tear up the carpet at the baseboards. As long as I'm in the room he insists on being welded to my shoulder. But once I'm out of sight his rampage of destruction ensues. Needless to say, I'm careful not to leave him alone for more than 10 seconds . It's interesting because Zaf is terrified of most toys and a great many objects... just not carpet, floors or walls
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-24-2016), Dragonlady2 (11-24-2016), kendrafitz (11-24-2016), Mare (11-24-2016), Quakerella (11-24-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Yoshi has a thing for the corners of the couches. Everyone has been chewed through to the foam.

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-24-2016), kendrafitz (11-24-2016), Mare (11-24-2016), plax (11-24-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    We are so versed on cockatoo behavior..not much has a chance to happen ..not anymore..

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-24-2016), Dragonlady2 (11-24-2016), plax (11-24-2016), Quakerella (11-24-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Ohh..crap! Tim's happy to know, we are not alone . Sandpaper and a bit of fresh paint..voila! It turns into art!
    Not art, Character! We know a lot about this because our house is about 300 years old. 300 years of random-skills repairs and alterations = Lots of Character!
    The house was, at one time, a children's home. At a time when children wore boots, probably with toe caps and studs - the bottoms of the doors have more filler than your local DIY store.
    Casper used to like stripping the plastic insulation off wires but since I have put all exposed cables in spiral cable wrap he hasn't touched them. Not sure why.

Oh, and happy Thanksgiving everyone in the USA. We were invited to a Thanksgiving celebration when I was a kid, with an American family in London. I can still get mouthwatery remembering the dessert made with chestnuts.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

12. The following 6 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-24-2016), kendrafitz (11-24-2016), Lady (11-26-2016), Mare (12-12-2016), plax (11-24-2016), Quakerella (11-24-2016)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Ha ha ha Rosie up to her crazness again I love your bird I bet she's a great deal of fun and prob a bit of fusration too lol
    Last edited by luckyandjenn; 11-24-2016 at 02:36 PM.

14. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-25-2016), kendrafitz (11-24-2016), Mare (12-12-2016), plax (11-24-2016), Quakerella (11-26-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Late Happy Thanksgiving wishes to all.

I agree with you Kendra, the stories about how and why we have these holidays are not good reasons at any cost. It all sounded so different when I was young. I do enjoy family and good food and we take the opportunity to enjoy these things throughout the year. Since we all work during this time of the year I'm just having a small turkey with stuffing and sweet potatoes on Sunday.

I did however get a 7 inch tablet for less than 30 unexpectedly.

Did you and Ashley have a good experience shopping?

16. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-26-2016), kendrafitz (12-08-2016), Quakerella (11-26-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    I did however get a 7 inch tablet for less than 30 unexpectedly.
    Sounds like a great deal.

18. The following user likes this post:

Lady (11-26-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post
    Sounds like a great deal.
    Yes, it's pretty neat. It's a RCA brand so I was hoping it will last for bit. I tried using the camera the other day but the pics are pretty grainy. I picked it up to use for games mostly. I have an android phone and when I get apps it takes up to much space. Now I see I have to get some kind of case so I can set it down and have it in a upright position to play the games free handed.

20. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (12-08-2016), Quakerella (12-08-2016)