User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Thanksgiving

So Thanksgiving in the US is tomorrow. The kids have taught me that the reason we celebrate it and Columbus Day are not worth celebrating. Funny how this generation is much more informed than we ever were. So although we may not celebrate for the traditional reason, we do love the family day and yummy food.

I am having a very small dinner here, just my mom and the looney crew here. Then for a second dessert Jef and the kids will go to my sister in laws and if I am done cleaning I will join as well. My husband is one of five, so that is a large, fun get together. I finished the dessert for my sil, but I still have a crazy amount to make for my house. Lots of cooking and baking today and tomorrow. Rosie is NOT going to be a happy diva. We have already discussed it, but as we all know, there is no reasoning with an unhappy parrot. Lol.

For the first time my daughter is requesting to go Black Friday shopping. I usually do everything online, but I guess I will venture out of my cozy bed for my girl. Not my thing, but I am thinking it could be a lot of fun with my buddy.

Does anyone have Thanksgiving/Black Friday plans? What is on your list of things to get done? Plus, if you are aware of any great Black Friday deals, I'd love to know about them.
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-24-2016), Dragonlady2 (11-23-2016), Mare (11-24-2016), Quakerella (11-23-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Your thanksgiving sounds like it will be wonderful.
    Our Thanksgiving is in October. My brother, and my kids, and their girlfriend and boyfriend were here for dinner. We love the family get togethers.

Can't help you with Black Friday though, but I am sure there a many great sales going on. I am sure you will have a blast with your daughter.

I am not a crowd person. My son and daughter go boxing day shopping together every year. I actually think she takes him as a bodyguard. I have seen videos about the Black Friday sales. They scare me.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-24-2016), Dragonlady2 (11-23-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post
    Your thanksgiving sound like it will be wonderful.
    Our Thanksgiving is in October. My brother, and my kids, and their girlfriend and boyfriend were here for dinner. We love the family get togethers.

Can't help you with Black Friday though, but I am sure there a many great sales going on. I am sure you will have a blast with your daughter.

I am not a crowd person. My son and daughter go boxing day shopping together every year. I actually think she takes him as a bodyguard. I have seen videos about the Black Friday sales. They scare me.
    Oh, that sounds so nice!

What is Boxing Day? I don't like crowds either, am a bit nervous for Black Friday. But I think she wants to go early morning, like 8 or so. So hopefully the crazy 2am shoppers will have cleared out by then.
    Rosie & Kendra

6. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (11-23-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I'm not a Black Friday shopper either. Online suits me just fine.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Kendra.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (11-23-2016), Quakerella (11-23-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Oh, that sounds so nice!

What is Boxing Day? I don't like crowds either, am a bit nervous for Black Friday. But I think she wants to go early morning, like 8 or so. So hopefully the crazy 2am shoppers will have cleared out by then.
    Boxing day is the day after Christmas. That is when most of the big sales are on here. My daughter loves clothes and shoes so it is the perfect time for her to stock up.

Have fun shopping and have wonderful Thanksgiving.
    I'm not a Black Friday shopper either. Online suits me just fine.
    Helena do you get many Black Friday Sales where you live? I am in a very small town and we don't have many. I guess Toronto would be where the majority are.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-23-2016), kendrafitz (11-23-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    No Black Friday sales here either Rosalyn, but there are lots of online sales and big city sales.

12. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (11-23-2016)

Parrots

Honestly, I have always found the online sales better than what I hear people saying they got in store.

After cooking all day I am taking a break. Haven't finished the sausage stuffing but since I get up early I think I will put it off until tomorrow. I am beat.

Rosie is very happy that I am done for the day. She is back on her tree happily snacking on some apples. She did get even with me earlier. When she was blowdrying after our shower, a kitchen timer went off. I left her for a couple of minutes to run down to handle whatever it was. When I got back up Rosie had hopped onto the windowsill and was doing a great job of demo. When Jef sees that we are both in trouble. Sigh....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	4710
    Last edited by kendrafitz; 11-23-2016 at 10:38 PM.
    Rosie & Kendra

14. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-23-2016), Mare (11-24-2016), Quakerella (11-23-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Omg, Rosie sounds like my Bella. I know people say that parrots are like having toddlers, but no toddler I have known has ever demolished the trim around the window...lol

16. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (11-23-2016), Mare (11-24-2016), Quakerella (11-23-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Omg, Rosie sounds like my Bella. I know people say that parrots are like having toddlers, but no toddler I have known has ever demolished the trim around the window...lol
    How true is that!?!?!? What has Bella done?
    Rosie & Kendra

18. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-24-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Honestly, I have always found the online sales better than what I hear people saying they got in store.

After cooking all day I am taking a break. Haven't finished the sausage stuffing but since I get up early I think I will put it off until tomorrow. I am beat.

Rosie is very happy that I am done for the day. She is back on her tree happily snacking on some apples. She did get even with me earlier. When she was blowdrying after our shower, a kitchen timer went off. I left her for a couple of minutes to run down to handle whatever it was. When I got back up Rosie had hopped onto the windowsill and was doing a great job of demo. When Jef sees that we are both in trouble. Sigh....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	4710
    Ohh..crap! Tim's happy to know, we are not alone . Sandpaper and a bit of fresh paint..voila! It turns into art!
    Last edited by Mare; 11-24-2016 at 12:32 AM.

20. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-24-2016), kendrafitz (11-24-2016), Quakerella (11-24-2016)