User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What makes you crazy?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I love Rosie pacing back and forth trying to get your attention. Will she fly to you?

2. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (11-23-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    I love Rosie pacing back and forth trying to get your attention. Will she fly to you?
    Rosie is a girl in constant motion. She is calmest on her stand in my room or her cage. Anywhere else, which includes my bed, she is just always moving around. And if she is staying in one place, she is preening. Unless it is dark out, then she is still most of the time.

No, generally she won't fly to me, even though I have asked her to. She only seems to fly when she is startled.
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-23-2016), Mare (11-23-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Kendra, I thought Rosie was being very reasonable considering you didn't have the tv on her favourite channel
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-23-2016), kendrafitz (11-23-2016), Mare (11-23-2016), plax (11-23-2016), Quakerella (11-23-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Shaggy is showing signs of this behavior, a little bit. I can leave him on his stand when someone else is in the room but he will start calling me when I'm out of sight. They are definitely challenging alien beings

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-23-2016), kendrafitz (11-23-2016), Quakerella (11-23-2016)

Parrots

JP - good point. I'm sure that was part of the issue. I'll remember that for next time.

Mare - I hope Shaggy doesn't get like Rosie. Challenging alien beings is an understatement! Good thing they are so lovable. I bet our parrots would describe us the same way, lol!!
    Rosie & Kendra

10. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-07-2016), Dragonlady2 (11-23-2016), Mare (11-23-2016), plax (11-24-2016), Quakerella (11-23-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Breeding season makes me crazy! The whining, the eee eee eee as Pepper is getting up close and personal with his perch and the noise...omg! It sounds like a jungle in the bird room. Time to get the ear plugs out.

12. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (12-06-2016), plax (12-07-2016), Quakerella (12-07-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Breeding season makes me crazy! The whining, the eee eee eee as Pepper is getting up close and personal with his perch and the noise...omg! It sounds like a jungle in the bird room. Time to get the ear plugs out.
    Oh no! That must be headache inducing. Rosie hasn't hit that age yet so I haven't experienced the fun of hormones. I hope it calms down soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

14. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-07-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    It can get to you. You should hear my place in the spring. Just as you said Helena, sounds like a jungle.

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-07-2016), kendrafitz (12-07-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

It is only breeding season for my Australian King, but her whining and the stress of our move this year has confused the others I think. Thank goodness Willy isn't hormonal, he does nothing but regurgitate all day when he is, and brother does it make me want to vomit.

18. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (12-07-2016), Lady (12-07-2016), Quakerella (12-07-2016)

Parrots

Green Cheek Conure
    I work at home and Tinkerbell is in my office with me. I have lots of conference calls.

What I've found is that she likes to talk when I'm talking. She wants in on the conversation, I think.

Sometimes she likes to talk loudly, so it makes some client meetings a bit tense.
    At times, she's been opinionated enough about the subject matter that I've had to roll her into another room. When I suspect she might be chatty, I take her to another room before the meeting starts.
    Then she cat calls to me for a bit before playing on her own.

Everything else about her besides that is pretty delightful.

20. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-08-2016), kendrafitz (12-08-2016)