User Tag List

Thread: When I Die...

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)

When I Die...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	when_i_die.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	4655
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 8 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-27-2016), Dragonlady2 (10-27-2016), kendrafitz (10-28-2016), Lady (10-29-2016), lolsavannahh (10-27-2016), Mare (11-03-2016), Quakerella (10-28-2016), wingman (10-27-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Wonderful sentiments but in our house its going to be a race to the finishing line and I doubt, when the time comes, we will be fit enough to take in another lodger.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (10-28-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Wonderful sentiments but in our house its going to be a race to the finishing line and I doubt, when the time comes, we will be fit enough to take in another lodger.
    Same here. My birds are young enough to outlive me, but I would definitely look for an older bird.

Tony....your post brought a tear to my eye for all the birds that have passed and those that will.

6. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (10-28-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Same here. My birds are young enough to outlive me, but I would definitely look for an older bird.

Tony....your post brought a tear to my eye for all the birds that have passed and those that will.
    The same for me

Understood. I think a main point of the message, though, is for folks to consider adopting from the huge population of discarded and/or abused companion birds in our world. Doing so should not only provide a great home and a second chance to a bird in need, but it should as well preclude the possibility of further contributing to the problem. However, your point is well-taken, Jean-Pierre.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-28-2016), Dragonlady2 (10-27-2016)

I did not need to sit here and cry, thank you.

I know many a bird would have said the same thing though.

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-28-2016), Dragonlady2 (10-28-2016), PlaxMacaws (10-28-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Tony, I wholeheartedly agree. Perhaps there should be a moratorium on new bird sales until all the rescue and displaced birds have found loving homes.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-28-2016), Lady (10-29-2016), PlaxMacaws (10-31-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Tony, I wholeheartedly agree. Perhaps there should be a moratorium on new bird sales until all the rescue and displaced birds have found loving homes.
    At the very least there absolutely should be! Sadly though it will never happen since too much of humankind considers parrots as mere commodities

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I can hardly imagine the loss of my Lady, but I also have much difficulty thinking I couldn't share my life with another beautiful feathered friend. A smaller one most likely, but for sure one of some type.

15. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-29-2016), Dragonlady2 (10-29-2016), PlaxMacaws (10-31-2016)