User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please, please, please don't use it

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Are you referring to sheets out of fleece? I am not aware of sheets out of fleece but then there could be.
    In northern Ontario we need fleece sheets to keep the cold out when it's -40. lol They sell really well here.

[We have to thank all the idiot parents who smoke around kids, drop a butt on the kids sleepwear and the fabric melts because it is basically plastic. That is why the government mandated that fleece material have that chemical on it
    I remember problems with pj's made of polyester. It was documented that the burns were so much worse because of it melting and adhering to the skin.
    You are right though, it is very difficult to prove a point. I always hear "I give it to my bird and he is just fine" They don't realise the damage that is being done is gradual. Then people wonder why their bird only last 20 years when the life expectancy is 30 or more.

It is sad, but I will continue to do my research and put it out there, hopefully people will read it and really think about what they are doing to their birds.

Has anyone heard yet what caused the birds to die in Boston? https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-unknown-cause
    Last edited by Quakerella; 10-27-2016 at 05:42 AM. Reason: forgot bracket for quote

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-27-2016)

I have not heard of this one but years back, a lot of birds were dying all over and eventually it came out there was a chemical put into the wild bird seed, the company had even been informed of the situation and yet they did not pull the product but kept selling it.

Makes you wonder if there is a crazy out there that poisons some food then goes out there to distribute it around because that person thinks birds are messy or they just don't like birds/animals for whatever reason. There are a lot of sick people out there.