User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This softbill was just found outside and brought to a rescue friend of ours.

Parrots

Teka the Red Lored Amazon. . . Ruthie the Ruby Macaw.

This softbill was just found outside and brought to a rescue friend of ours.

So green aracari was found outside and brought to a friend of ours that runs a rescue out of her house. I just don't get why people would do this. On the bright side, these are such rare birds in Chicago, the original breeder was easily located. The rescue is returning him to the breeder (who I'm sure knows the owner that "misplaced" him).

See Carole, we found the section just fine.

2. The following 6 users like this post:

aliray (05-17-2013), CrazyBirdLady (05-18-2013), Debra (05-17-2013), Honesty (05-17-2013), keepsmiling (05-17-2013), roxynoodle (05-17-2013)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    What a cool looking bird!
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Aww...what a sweetie! I hope they find her owner. Is she one of Jason's babies?
    keep smiling

Akita/lab~Heartly, Netherlands Dwarf Bunny~Elliot, Fancy Goldfish & Loaches

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    In the last pic, look how pale her yellow belly is. Very sad...it should be bright yellow.
    keep smiling

Parrots

You know Jason? Yes it is in fact. It sounds like one of our locals is known nationally, rightfully so.

7. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (05-17-2013)

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    I'm glad she was found and will be taken care of. She does look like she could use some TLC.

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk007 View Post
    You know Jason? Yes it is in fact. It sounds like one of our locals is known nationally, rightfully so.
    Oh yes, those who know aracaris know Jason. He is on my FB list too. We all use his diet sheet as a guide of what to feed. It's between him and Jerry from Emerald Bird Gardens...they are the go to guys. Many people I know have babies from Jason...some several. He seems like a real caring person.
    keep smiling

10. The following user likes this post:

Blackhawk007 (05-17-2013)

Parrots

So whats the most challenging aspect of caring for Pico? I assume the diet?

I Jason speaks often about them but I had never associated the visually. I always assumed he was speaking about the larger ones. Since this whole thing came up we finally made the connection.

Parrots

Tiki,african redbellied, Sweetie Pie quaker, Chiquita, yellow sided gcc, Lucas, spanish timbrado canary
    Glad the bird was found and is alright

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    What a beautiful bird. I'm glad he was found and is being returned to the breeder!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield