User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This softbill was just found outside and brought to a rescue friend of ours.

What a beautiful bird! I'm glad he's found a loving home and will be returned to his breeder.

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Hey guys/girls, that is a female! You can tell because green aracaris are sexually dimorphic. Males have a black head, and a sharper longer beak. Females have the brown head, beak is shorter and a bit stockier.
    See the difference, this is Pico, a male green aracari.

Steve, I would say the diet, the fact that they need a lot of space, should not be clipped as they cannot climb bars, and keeping their environment clean. They fling fruit off the end of their beak. It's extra important, not only for their health, your sanity, and to keep bugs away like fruit flies.
    keep smiling

Akita/lab~Heartly, Netherlands Dwarf Bunny~Elliot, Fancy Goldfish & Loaches

3. The following 2 users like this post:

Blackhawk007 (05-17-2013), roxynoodle (05-17-2013)

Parrots

Teka the Red Lored Amazon. . . Ruthie the Ruby Macaw.
    Thank you Carole! I was not aware of that. To be honest it is a toss up between a Aracaris and a Harlequin Mac for our next addition. Jenna really wants the Aracaris, and I would love the harley. We will just have to want and see who picks us first. On the bright side, at least they both require the same cage size so we can rule that out.

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    You are welcome, and good luck deciding. That is a tough choice.
    keep smiling

Akita/lab~Heartly, Netherlands Dwarf Bunny~Elliot, Fancy Goldfish & Loaches

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    I have to say I would probably keep her