User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looney Weather

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Heehee, I can't help myself.. Jean-Pierre, what's a fortnight? I suppose I could google it but want to ask you first

2. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (12-16-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Heehee, I can't help myself.. Jean-Pierre, what's a fortnight?
    LOL, my parents are Scottish, a fortnight meant 2 weeks. My hubby used to say " I have to put that in my dictionary" whenever Mom and Dad came out with strange words. Strange to him, but normal to us. My Dad had a very broad accent and it could be difficult for others to understand. We used to tell people "nod and smile", he just laughed.

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-16-2016), Dragonlady2 (12-16-2016), Lady (12-18-2016), Mare (12-16-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Thanks, Rosalyn . Do you have a Scottish accent? I love accents, when Seri, on my IPhone asked what voice I wanted..I had no hesitation..Aussie..love that Aussie accent . When I hear an accent in the room, I'm all ears, they fascinate me!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-16-2016), Quakerella (12-16-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Thanks, Rosalyn . Do you have a Scottish accent?
    No, Mom and Dad came to Canada two years before I was born. My two brothers were born in Scotland, but they have lost their accent since. My one brother can put it on when he wants to though. He is actually very good at it. I couldn't hear Mom and Dad's because I was used to it, but when Dad would get together with his brothers and sisters, sometimes even I had a hard time understanding him.

I also love the Aussie accent, could sit and listen to them talk for hours.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-16-2016), Mare (12-16-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

We are getting hit with snow now. We had approximately 3" and it snowed all day today. We now have probably close to 10" on the ground and we are expecting another 5" on Saturday. Going to see if I can get some pictures tomorrow, looks really beautiful out the back.

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-16-2016), kendrafitz (12-17-2016), Lady (12-18-2016), Mare (12-16-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

We would love some photos, Rosalyn. The cold front weather is hitting the US, too..especially back east. Here in central Cal it is raining,,yay!!

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-16-2016), Quakerella (12-16-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    We are getting hit with snow as well. Schools are closed. Highways are closed. I am with you Rosalyn, it looks beautiful. I just wish it would magically make a path for me so I wouldn't have to shovel. As much as I like shovelling, I don't like shovelling piles of it.

14. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (12-17-2016), Quakerella (12-16-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Oh yes Helena, I agree about the shovelling. I don't mind once or twice, but when you hit three or four in one day, I've had enough.

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-16-2016), Lady (02-21-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Advanced level fortnighting: In French it is called quinz jours (pronounced cans zyoors). But that is fifteen days I here you say. Yep, because the French recon that when you go away for two weeks you come back on the fifteenth day.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

18. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (12-18-2016), Quakerella (12-16-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

We are a strange bunch up here in Canada. For 4 - 6 months we shovel the snow off the driveway, then we get good weather like today and we shovel it back on.

20. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-21-2017), plax (02-21-2017)