User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looney Weather

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Looney Weather

Well, it is mid October and we were finally getting some fall weather here in NJ. We were at my son's football game last week and I was actually cold. One of the mom's had a heated coat, which kept her toasty warm. I thought it was so neat I ordered one, thinking it would be awesome for the upcoming month or so of games spent on the chilly stadium seats. I also ordered a lava buns cushion which you heat in the microwave and is supposed to stay warm for 6 hours. I am so excited to try them out, bc unlike the rest of my household, I tend to chill easy.

Well, Mother Nature doesn't think I should try out my new toys this week. It is 84 degrees today. The dogs, Teddy and Bailey are walking around looking hot and miserable b/c I refuse to put on the air. Absolutely insane. A few years ago we had snow this time of year and this year we are sweltering.

Anyone else shaking their head at the weather lately?
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-18-2016), Lady (10-19-2016), Mare (10-19-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Yes, I am walking around in shorts even though there are leaves falling down all around me. It's 24 degrees Celsius here in Canada. No boots or toques required yet.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (10-19-2016), Lady (10-19-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Here in central Cali we got a bit of rain, cooler weather and HIGH WINDS! The winds aren't normal where we live in the foothills of the Sierra's. I walked the property yesterday and many of the old oaks have lost some large limbs, many across the dirt roads that criss-cross the property, some across fence lines..we've had some of the horses move across and thankfully not get cut up. Looney weather..no doubt!!

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-19-2016), kendrafitz (10-19-2016), Lady (10-19-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    This is the time of year when a lot of folks get sick. It's Lysol season around my office at work.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-19-2016), kendrafitz (10-19-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Been driving north through France towards home today, the Autumn colours in the trees getting better and better as we go.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-19-2016), kendrafitz (10-19-2016), Lady (10-22-2016)

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    A few weeks ago it got to 30s in the night time and never over 70 in the day.. but just this week it hasn't dipped below 70 at all! Crazy weather we're having here too!!! and I live in GA in the south.. crazy
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-21-2016), Lady (10-22-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

We are beginning to see the leaves change in on the east coast!

14. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (10-23-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Seems Winter is very near. Quite a cold day today. Getting out Lady's heavy cage cover to keep her toasty and warm. Hubby and I will be filling the house heater with water and get the rest of us up to a cozy temp as well. Our electric room heaters have been good to take the chill off early in the morning but it's time to turn up the warmth.

16. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (12-10-2016), Quakerella (12-16-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    I'm freezing now, other than the hot flashes at night We are about -10 and 3" snow on the ground, and expecting another 5" tonight. Looks very pretty though.

18. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (12-10-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Wet and warm here in the UK. When I say warm its 12 celsius (not sure what that is in $) at the moment (8pm). Sunny and cooler tomorrow and back to normal (cold grey and wet) on Monday. I have done my Christmas shopping today so I am a fortnight ahead of my usual schedule.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

20. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (12-10-2016), Mare (12-16-2016), Quakerella (12-10-2016)