User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meet Shaggy!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    She ran towards me, on her perch, when I brought in a piece of banana..she loves banana . We are of like mind, I like to sit and observe. I was in Yosemite most of today , with family and friends but tomorrow I will be home all day by myself and plan to do exactly that..sit and observe and...open Shaggy's cage door..
    oooooh................Yay, exciting, so how did it go?

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-09-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post

oooooh................Yay, exciting, so how did it go?
    It went wonderfully! She is SUCH a cockatoo! So much like Amigo that I would guess her to be a male but lots that is different also. She's not AS intense as Amigo was around the men in my life but she is intense, very aware. I don't know if it's the deepness/tone of their voice..or what..?. I know we are still in the honeymoon period but I have a good feeling that she will be more accepting of men than Amigo was.

We are becoming fast friends!

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-10-2016), kendrafitz (10-09-2016), Lady (10-11-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    It went wonderfully! She is SUCH a cockatoo! So much like Amigo that I would guess her to be a male but lots that is different also. She's not AS intense as Amigo was around the men in my life but she is intense, very aware. I don't know if it's the deepness/tone of their voice..or what..?. I know we are still in the honeymoon period but I have a good feeling that she will be more accepting of men than Amigo was.

We are becoming fast friends!
    I'm so happy to read this. Hopefully she won't be terrorizing the meter readers at your house. Although it does make for great stories.

How do you find her similar to Amigo and what is different? I don't know a whole lot about cockatoo's besides a few cuddling experiences and what I have read. I would love to hear all about it.
    Rosie & Kendra

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-10-2016), Lady (10-11-2016), Mare (10-09-2016)

how is shaggy doing mare?
    is she an umbrella cockatoo?

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-10-2016), Mare (10-09-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Thanks, Kendra! My greatest wish would be to see her terrorize the meter reader guy!

She is similar to Amigo in the way she moves/stumbles around a cage, her eyes are almost exactly like his, black. I've found her very easy to read when I move through her space..she's such a gomer cockatoo, which I love! She is just as loud as Amigo but throws in words like HELLO...WHAT??..I LOVE YOU...Amigo's vocabulary was limited to "Hi There", and I would miss that dearly except he taught it to the Sassy girl!

She seems to enjoy my company, snuggles like Amigo and gives kisses. When I walk around with her on my right arm, I cuddle her with my left and she reaches up to my face and gives me kisses..she's pretty amazing..even her chew fests!
    Last edited by Mare; 10-10-2016 at 12:37 AM.

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-10-2016), kendrafitz (10-10-2016), Lady (10-11-2016), mdg1109 (11-04-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    how is shaggy doing mare?
    is she an umbrella cockatoo?
    Hi, Dan! Yes, Shaggy IS an umbrella cockatoo! You don't know my history, I had a male U2 that was a free flyer outside. Sadly, I lost him in July and Shaggy is a new member to our flock.

Hi, Dan! Yes, Shaggy IS an umbrella cockatoo! You don't know my history, I had a male U2 that was a free flyer outside. Sadly, I lost him in July and Shaggy is a new member to our flock.
    oh so sorry to hear that mare,
    had a cockatoo about 20 years ago he was an awesome bird, unfortunately he was stolen

Nobility Member

Parrots

Oh, no, Dan! I'm so sorry..what kind of cockatoo did you have? My U2, Amigo, would have had those thieves begging for mercy!

14. The following user likes this post:

Lady (10-11-2016)

Oh, no, Dan! I'm so sorry..what kind of cockatoo did you have? My U2, Amigo, would have had those thieves begging for mercy!
    Hi mare, had a sulfur crested cockatoo his name was charlie had him for a year

16. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-11-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Congratulations Mare! Tell us more about him. Very handsome! Can't wait to hear more

18. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-18-2016)