User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meet Shaggy!

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    love her and the name.. I know you will have amazing adventures together and I know she will adore you! You have such a big heart <3
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-04-2016), Mare (10-04-2016), plax (10-04-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Congrats to both of you! She is beautiful! I can't wait to read all about your adventures together.

Has Sassy noticed her presence?
    We have Shaggy's cage set up in a different room, next to the bird's room where Sassy resides. Shaggy has not done any loud screaming..not yet, anyways . I wasn't sure if the Sass even knew Shaggy was here,,not until this morning when Tim took her from her cage and walked into Shaggy's room. I could here Sassy scream from downstairs!..it didn't phase Shaggy. I had to remind Tim that Shaggy is in quarantine for awhile.

Thank you, Savannah

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-04-2016), kendrafitz (10-04-2016), plax (10-04-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I'm able to open the cage door and give Shaggy scritches, she's not giving me any bad vibes and has even offered her foot to step up. I rubbed her feet and she seems ok. I think tomorrow I will get her out of her cage and see how she does.

She hasn't touched her fresh foods bowl. The last owner said she fed her Katee brand fruit colored pellets, seed and fruits and veggies. So far, she will only eat seed.

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-04-2016), kendrafitz (10-04-2016), plax (10-04-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    I'm able to open the cage door and give Shaggy scritches, she's not giving me any bad vibes and has even offered her foot to step up. I rubbed her feet and she seems ok. I think tomorrow I will get her out of her cage and see how she does.

She hasn't touched her fresh foods bowl. The last owner said she fed her Katee brand fruit colored pellets, seed and fruits and veggies. So far, she will only eat seed.

I'm sure you'll get her diet improved. She sounds to be a calm and sweet bird

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-04-2016), Mare (10-05-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Was Shaggy affectionate with her last owner? Sounds like she is a doll.

How funny about Sassy! I was wondering if she was going to be mad. Another big white bird, this time a girl and her name starts with an S too. What the heck!?!? Lol.
    Rosie & Kendra

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-04-2016), Mare (10-05-2016), plax (10-04-2016)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    It makes me so happy to see you moving from tragedy to considering adding Shaggy to your life.Your Amigo I'm sure couldn't be prouder of you.And from us...well done.Succeed or fail....you have done what many others just can't.
    I'm not this kind of guy....but Big Huggs to you....this is what careing and love is about
    "Ivo"

12. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-04-2016), kendrafitz (10-04-2016), Lady (10-04-2016), Mare (10-05-2016), plax (10-04-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I think the cheeky young miss is trying it on, just eating seeds. Given half a chance Casper would do the same.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

14. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-04-2016), Mare (10-05-2016), plax (10-04-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Maybe when she sees you eating some fresh fruit or veggies she'll consider. I can imagine wanting to sit in her room all day with her just to observe and maybe read to her or just sit and have a chat.

16. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-04-2016), Dragonlady2 (10-04-2016), Mare (10-05-2016), plax (10-05-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Tony, I picked up the Kaytee fruit pellets today, even though I feed the others Zupreem, I just want her to eat so, that's ok..I just want her to eat more than seed for now.

Kendra, Shaggy was affectionate with her last owner, I'm thankful!..and yes,,Sassy is p***ed! Not because of any name associations but just BECAUSE!!

Dave, thank you! This IS what love and caring is about! Is there any other way?!

Jean-Pierre, I have to totally agree! If given a choice, I would absolutely eat "salt and vinegar" chips with a side of string cheese and yellow banana peppers before I would TOUCH a salad!!

18. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-05-2016), Dragonlady2 (10-05-2016), kendrafitz (10-05-2016), plax (10-05-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Maybe when she sees you eating some fresh fruit or veggies she'll consider. I can imagine wanting to sit in her room all day with her just to observe and maybe read to her or just sit and have a chat.
    She ran towards me, on her perch, when I brought in a piece of banana..she loves banana . We are of like mind, I like to sit and observe. I was in Yosemite most of today , with family and friends but tomorrow I will be home all day by myself and plan to do exactly that..sit and observe and...open Shaggy's cage door..

20. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-05-2016), kendrafitz (10-05-2016), Lady (10-08-2016), plax (10-05-2016)