User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Shaggy!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Meet Shaggy!

Guess who's home! I want to introduce Shaggy . So far, so good..she took the hour drive home well, seems to be a mellow bird, not aggressive so far. I've not held or loved on her yet, looking forward to that moment, though! She acts a bit nervous, dancing and bouncing, when I get close but I have a good feeling about her..I hope we become great friends!

2. The following 11 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-03-2016), Cedardave (10-04-2016), Dragonlady2 (10-03-2016), Lady (10-03-2016), lolsavannahh (10-04-2016), luckyandjenn (10-28-2016), Macaw Lover (10-03-2016), mdg1109 (10-17-2016), Pinkbirdy (10-04-2016), PlaxMacaws (10-03-2016), wingman (10-03-2016)

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    Lovely!

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-03-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Shaggy,

Welcome home~ so nice to hear you had a good trip. I'm excited for you and can hardly wait to learn about your likes and dislikes.

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-03-2016)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    Beautiful.So is this a trial?
    Im sure you will soon be the best of friends
    "Ivo"

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-03-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Wonderful . She's beautiful! It appears that she has derived some enjoyment from the egg carton you've given her. I wonder what Amigo's reaction might have been to her presence??
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-03-2016), Mare (10-03-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Sort of a trial, Dave. The previous owner and I have some what bonded, she cried when I came to get Shaggy and hugged me tight when we left. It kind of broke my heart to see her this way but understand..I could never give up my one I was in bondage with . In all seriousness, she seemed to love this bird and the bird loved her..how does someone give that up..?

I think there is more to this story than I know..maybe the folks were just that in need of money..I don't know. I'm sympathetic and called her later tonight to let her know I will stay in touch with her on Shaggy's developments. I asked her, as I was leaving, if she would be into boarding Shaggy when I have to be out of town, she was thankful that I asked. Poor lady, I feel like she would not have let this bird go if she had a choice

Ok..that's all for now..

12. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-03-2016), kendrafitz (10-04-2016), Lady (10-04-2016), plax (10-03-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Wonderful . She's beautiful! It appears that she has derived some enjoyment from the egg carton you've given her. I wonder what Amigo's reaction might have been to her presence??

Yes, she is beautiful, Tony! She went directly to the egg carton . My friend, Carol, who gave me Amigo in the first place, is visiting and went with me to pick up Shaggy..we went kind of "full circle"..I was with Carol when she picked Amigo out of a pet store.

As far as what Amigo's reaction may have been..I wish I could know..

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-03-2016), plax (10-03-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Congrats to both of you! She is beautiful! I can't wait to read all about your adventures together.

Has Sassy noticed her presence?
    Rosie & Kendra

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (10-04-2016), plax (10-03-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    How wonderful for you, the start of a new adventure. I hope she integrates well with the rest of your flock.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

18. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-03-2016), Mare (10-04-2016), plax (10-04-2016)

Parrots

Lovebirds: Rio, Mango, , Boo , Pumpkin & Apples Parakeet / Budgies: Cotton & Lemon
    She us beautiful Mare

20. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-04-2016)