User Tag List

Thread: blue hawkhead

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash

Exclamation blue hawkhead

Finally got around to getting that pic of the Hawkhead everyone is amazed with!

Here is the BLUE hawkhead from the 300+ parrot seizure. He has minimal green on the "outline" of the outter edges of his wings, and all blue on the top and inner part of his wings. His chest is blue and his crest-thing too!

for those that need a refresher, here's what a normal hawkhead looks like..

He is truly a special case, and we have never seen anything like him.. I've searched the web and have only ever seen one other pic of another bird. Lucky for the woman in charge of these 300 birds ( since they have been rescued ) he has chosen her! He hates everyone else and likes to make it real difficult for us to clean his cage and all, but he has since gone home with her, and is now her newest birdie <3
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

2. The following 6 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-13-2016), Dragonlady2 (09-13-2016), kendrafitz (09-13-2016), Lady (09-15-2016), plax (09-14-2016), wingman (09-14-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Wow Savannah, he is stunning! The blue colour is beautiful and those eyes....he looks like he might be a little feisty.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (09-15-2016), lolsavannahh (09-13-2016)

Parrots

he is for sure.. but not towards his momma! He wouldn't let me clean his cage one day but she just jumped right in and he was fine.. even let her pet him LOL. he hates evrryone else!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-13-2016), Lady (09-15-2016)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    What a beautiful bird.Its hard to believe any bird like this would end up in a rescue
    "Ivo"

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-13-2016), Lady (09-15-2016), lolsavannahh (09-14-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    He is one of the lucky ones to have found a home. I hope the others are as lucky. Thanks for posting the pic Savannah.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (09-15-2016), lolsavannahh (09-15-2016)

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    He is a beautiful bird!

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (09-15-2016), lolsavannahh (09-15-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Those pics and bill-e's Nike have peaked my interest in the hawkheads. There is such an intent expression on their faces. I certainly wouldn't take one in right now, but I think I'm off to do some research.

14. The following user likes this post:

Lady (09-15-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    WOW what a beautiful guy he is. Did she name him yet? I've considered getting one someday but I want it to be a baby because all I have read and learned here makes me want to start with a youngster. Nothing that needs hand feeding, or much of it, I'm not sure I'm ready for that given my work schedule but a baby will be welcome when I have the proper time to spend with it.

16. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-16-2016)

Parrots

Hawkheads are gorgeous, but they make the WORST noise! LOL one I know makes this ear bleeding stomach chruning high pitch scream for minutes at a time and cannot be calmed down.. Definately not a bird for me! LOL