User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Sick Of The Drama!!

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.

So Sick Of The Drama!!

First of all, I want to apologize to this forum that I even need to post this here. But I hope you understand why I am doing it!

I was recently unfriended on Facebook by not one but 3, possibly 4, people for coming back on this forum! They apparently think I am buddy buddy with someone on this forum now and in no way can I be a friend of theirs anymore. Well, I would have to agree with them. I don't need friends who act like this and can't let go of the past!

The sad part is I came back to this forum to support Mare when she lost Amigo. I wasn't planning on staying on long, maybe for about a month or two. While here I figured I might as well chat with others who I have missed since I last signed on and be active. I also agreed to help with the photo contest because Suzanne asked and I had the time. Apparently out of the 5 of us I am the only one that can put my feeling aside for what happened a long time ago to support a friend and talk to those who I have missed on this forum. This is the most childish behavior I have seen in a long time!

This is a message to those of you who unfriended me, because I know you are watching!

If you don't like this forum or certain people on it THEN STOP COMING HERE LURKING TO SEE WHAT IS GOING ON OVER HERE!! Get over it and move on with your lives! Hanging onto this baggage is not worth it! You are letting all of this effect your friendships. Try growing up and act like adults! Losing my friendship is your loss not mine as far as I'm concerned with this kind of behavior!

There, I have said my peace! Thank you for letting me vent here!

Blanca

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-28-2016), lolsavannahh (08-28-2016), Mare (08-29-2016), mdg1109 (08-29-2016), The Pinkertons (08-28-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Blanca, I am truly sorry that this has happened for you. I know that we, at PP appreciate your support at this time. I also wish that people could be less vindictive and more forgiving. Life is too short to let an Internet forum dictate who your friends are. Thank you Blanca for having the positive spirit to move on from the past differences.

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-28-2016), lolsavannahh (08-28-2016), Mare (08-29-2016), The Pinkertons (08-28-2016)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Thank you Helena! You have all been nothing but kind and welcoming since I have returned. I'm sure I will be here longer then a couple of months. My life just gets crazy when the holidays hit! LOL!

It is sad to me that any of this had to even happen.

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-28-2016)

Banned

Oh no Blanca ! My invitation to you was purely of good intent, I cannot understand why others may think of this as some kind of betrayal on your part, how unfortunate something so genuine In your support for Mare losing Amigo can become a toxic issue.

It is truly disheartening that many of our human relationship's are conditional. Yet we reach out to our animal's for unconditional love and acceptance.

Sincerely, Suzanne
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 08-28-2016 at 07:14 PM.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-28-2016), Mare (08-29-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by The Pinkertons View Post
    Oh no Blanca ! My invitation to you was purely of good intent, I cannot understand why others may think of this as some kind of betrayal on your part, how unfortunate something so genuine In your support for Mare losing Amigo can become a toxic issue.

It is truly disheartening that many of our human relationship's are conditional. Yet we reach out to our animal's for unconditional love and acceptance.

Sincerely, Suzanne
    I know it was Suzanne. I certainly can't understand it either. I guess we all know why we love animals so much. I am even more thankful for my good friends who have been supportive here at home and my family.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Many of us know the identity of the individual to whom you've referred, Blanca. For those who don't, it would be yours truly. It's easy to tell from your words that you don't care for me personally. It's as well easy to tell that you and some others have trouble detecting the important connection between what occurred in the past on PP and what we continue to stand for. And I have to say that this is one of the most upsetting factors for me, since my reason for maintaining an accessible history of PP's past events is in no way for the sake of "hanging on to the past". Instead, it has been a means to chronicle the huge challenge entailed in maintaining our important pet safety standards - and that's in practice, not just with verbiage. I'm sure that I will never understand how anyone can hold other issues, be they social or what have you, as priorities above that one.

The history of PP and the trials and tribulations we have been through are integral elements of our mission. I would never wish to conceal any part of those elements from anyone. I want each of our members to have the freedom to assess for themselves whether PP's priorities mesh well with their own. That's why I believe that leaving our history of related disputes intact is so important. When a person does not agree with me that activist intervention is, at times, warranted by a companion animal support organization's management layer, and that said management layer is justified in standing firm on the philosophy that drives such intervention, our community may not be the best fit for them.

I sincerely appreciate your decision to return and contribute positively to our community, Blanca... irrespective of how long you decide to stay. People tend to like you. And beyond that you are an efficient and prosperous organizer. However, after reading your OP in this thread, I can see that it's unlikely your feelings will ever change toward me. Sadly, I'm unsure whether anything can be done to remedy that apparent fact because my philosophy with regard to protective measures for companion parrots will never change, and I will thus continue to stand against unnecessary risks when I feel doing so is called for.

That said, feel free to post whatever you like in this section. That is its intended purpose.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Blancaej View Post
    First of all, I want to apologize to this forum that I even need to post this here. But I hope you understand why I am doing it!

I was recently unfriended on Facebook by not one but 3, possibly 4, people for coming back on this forum! They apparently think I am buddy buddy with someone on this forum now and in no way can I be a friend of theirs anymore. Well, I would have to agree with them. I don't need friends who act like this and can't let go of the past!

The sad part is I came back to this forum to support Mare when she lost Amigo. I wasn't planning on staying on long, maybe for about a month or two. While here I figured I might as well chat with others who I have missed since I last signed on and be active. I also agreed to help with the photo contest because Suzanne asked and I had the time. Apparently out of the 5 of us I am the only one that can put my feeling aside for what happened a long time ago to support a friend and talk to those who I have missed on this forum. This is the most childish behavior I have seen in a long time!

This is a message to those of you who unfriended me, because I know you are watching!

If you don't like this forum or certain people on it THEN STOP COMING HERE LURKING TO SEE WHAT IS GOING ON OVER HERE!! Get over it and move on with your lives! Hanging onto this baggage is not worth it! You are letting all of this effect your friendships. Try growing up and act like adults! Losing my friendship is your loss not mine as far as I'm concerned with this kind of behavior!

Blanca
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Banned

Are you sure ?

Maybe it's not about you Tony ! Don't go looking for trouble it comes on it's own

Tony respectfully, I don't' read into what you are referring to from Blanca's post, this is a vey sensitive issue from the past. Please, let it be, to all who were involved in this volatile issue, keep it in the past. Lets all move forward.

Tony, please try to realize we all know how passionate you are about your stance on Parrot safety, our mission, is to guide people on the right path to responsible companion bird ownership. Sometimes, in your Zest to impress upon us the need to implement these guidelines, can become misunderstood, by suggesting, that some people do not have capability to discern right from wrong, regarding what your implying, as far as social popularity goes." Especially with long-time Aviculturist ".

Although, I must say you are the "Most Fair Admin". I have ever encountered on a Forum, by that I mean, you allow "All Members to Partake " their opinions without getting banned who are not in agreement with you.

And for that I'm most appreciative of.

by allowing us to express points of view in a respectful way.

In that regard, is why I find P.P. to stand-out among the rest. As small and humble as we are. I can vent and speak without the fear of being shunned.

Where else can you counter an Admin. Just Sayin out of love
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 08-28-2016 at 09:19 PM.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-28-2016), Mare (08-29-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Suzanne: You can say whatever you like in this section and you won't be banned, that's true. But in order to be on staff here you are expected to support PP's opinion and philosophy that many folks do make poor choices and thus expose their pets to unnecessary dangers. It happens every day and there are myriad examples of it throughout the Internet. Just browse YouTube for cat or dog with bird videos. There are tons of them! Many pet forum sites allow posting of such media as well. The pet owners make the photos and videos because they know most folks consider them "adorable" and that "adorable" is quite popular, especially on the Internet. Such folks are also aware that it follows that more "adorable" equals increased online popularity (i.e., better social status, more 'likes', etc.). So creating lots of "adorable-ness" becomes the priority for these folks and pet safety is unfortunately relegated to a secondary concern.

My position is not holding onto the past by any measure. But it has been easy for certain people to accuse me of doing so because it's their only defense for supporting many of their friends who maintain a hands off approach as far as pet safety.

Please understand that standing against this hugely dangerous human behavior and the sites that promote and/or facilitate it is a rare practice among Internet communities. And that's precisely why far too many birds and other small pets are needlessly maimed or slaughtered on a continuing basis around the world. Someone merely stating that they oppose such conduct is not enough, by any measure! We absolutely must be activists to a point here. It's far more important than human fun and games! If that's not a plan that you feel you can subscribe to, Suzanne, please let me know as soon as possible. I've been up front with this issue from day one and I thought you were aware of my position and agreed with PP's philosophy concerning the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pinkertons View Post
    Maybe it's not about you Tony ! Don't go looking for trouble it comes on it's own

Tony respectfully, I don't' read into what you are referring to from Blanca's post, this is a vey sensitive issue from the past. Please, let it be, to all who were involved in this volatile issue, keep it in the past. Lets all move forward.

Tony, please try to realize we all know how passionate you are about your stance on Parrot safety, our mission, is to guide people on the right path to responsible companion bird ownership. Sometimes, in your Zest to impress upon us the need to implement these guidelines, can become misunderstood, by suggesting, that some people do not have capability to discern right from wrong, regarding what your implying, as far as social popularity goes." Especially with long-time Aviculturist ".

Although, I must say you are the "Most Fair Admin". I have ever encountered on a Forum, by that I mean, you allow "All Members to Partake " their opinions without getting banned who are not in agreement with you.

And for that I'm most appreciative of.

by allowing us to express points of view in a respectful way.

In that regard, is why I find P.P. to stand-out among the rest. As small and humble as we are. I can vent and speak without the fear of being shunned.

Where else can you counter an Admin. Just Sayin out of love
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Banned

Anytime !

Anytime that's what Tony Created this thread for...Venting is good ! we all need to drop the rock !

15. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (08-28-2016)

Banned

Suzanne, please let me know as soon as possible. I've been up front with this issue from day one and I thought you were aware of my position and agreed with PP's philosophy concerning the matter.
    I agree , what seems to be the conflict, Whenever someone happens upon P.P. with what your describing , we take action! Have we not!
    When have I not supported you in your Vision/ Mission. With a due respect, For you to assume otherwise is disappointing, just because I don't express myself exactly as you perceive I should. (Does not mean that I'm less than you) in your passions for the safety and wellbeing of companion Birds.

Respectfully, if you think that my passion and vision is not up to par with what you are Looking for in a Moderator, Please let me know as soon as possible>

Last edited by The Pinkertons; 08-28-2016 at 10:06 PM.