User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So Sick Of The Drama!!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Ok, Tony..you've made your point, time to chill. Folks are different, most that I come across either do what's best or don't give a damn. I think everyone here cares and care deeply about their birds or they wouldn't be here.

2. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (08-29-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Ok, Tony..you've made your point, time to chill. Folks are different, most that I come across either do what's best or don't give a damn. I think everyone here cares and care deeply about their birds or they wouldn't be here.
    Some folks indeed give a damn but are merely ignorant and headstrong. They don't realize the genuine dangers because so many others support their poor choices. Those are the ones who ignore casual warnings and focus on creating more "adorable" shares. And those of us who care deeply about our own birds don't necessarily care as deeply about the birds of others at distant locations in the world. Nonetheless, those birds in the possession of others are just as sentient, just as fearful, have the potential to feel just as much pain, and can become just a lifeless as each of our own birds.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I think that some people who have jumped on the bird ownership bandwagon these days are at times a reflection of the tremendous changes society has undergone in the past few years. The Internet has provided lots of videos and pictures of "cute" birds and birds and predator animals together, that it has created a false ideal of what it really takes to safely care for these creatures. They don't research because they think there is nothing to research. This is not all cases....but certainly a large number of cases. Many years ago in my late teens, I had an Amazon. At that time, his cage would have been considered adequate. I am ashamed to say that my canaries have bigger cages. He was out when the dog was loose in the house. He ate sunflower seeds, oranges and loved fries and toast. I didn't know any better. There was no internet and I didn't even realize that what I was doing was not in his best interest. It's not much different today where ignorance is the issue. I support the principal behind PP and it's stance on bird safety, but I know from personal experience that being confronted about how I provided care would have fallen on deaf ears. People communicate and take in information in many ways. I would hate to see lost opportunities to educate those that may be receptive. Tony, you have one way of communicating, Alice has a different way, Suzanne had her way and I have my own way. In the end, the goal is the same, safety of the birds. Ideally, with all of us imparting the same message, albeit differently, we should be able to reach a large segment of the people that pass through PP. Just my thoughts.

5. The following user likes this post:

plax (08-29-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    I support the principal behind PP and it's stance on bird safety, but I know from personal experience that being confronted about how I provided care would have fallen on deaf ears.
    While true in many cases, it's also true that the casual suggestion approach will typically fail to impart a forceful message that stands out enough to be noticed by those who may be receptive and who happen to read the dialog long after the thread has become inactive, as well as for others who may do the same infinitely into the future. It's those permanent impactful messages that stand the greater chance of jarring someone into thinking about the potential consequences from their actions. The subtle soft messages are simply unable to produce an ongoing forceful effect in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    People communicate and take in information in many ways. I would hate to see lost opportunities to educate those that may be receptive. Tony, you have one way of communicating, Alice has a different way, Suzanne had her way and I have my own way. In the end, the goal is the same, safety of the birds. Ideally, with all of us imparting the same message, albeit differently, we should be able to reach a large segment of the people that pass through PP. Just my thoughts.
    That's one way to look at it, Helena. Again, though, the soft approach tends to blend in with the noise. And above all, I shouldn't have to deal with opposition from my own staff members concerning the impactful bird safety messages that I put forward. It's difficult enough to get through to folks on this issue, regardless of the method utilized. When my own staff becomes angry and publicly attacks me stating that I'm overreacting, it tends to cloud the vastly important messages that I'm attempting to deliver.

7. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-29-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I am sick of the drama too. But honestly, titling a thread "sick of the drama" is an invitation for more drama. Which it obviously provoked. Not in the way intended I'm sure Blanca. I'm sorry for whatever it is you are going through with your friends.

Not trying to be mean or rude, just my opinion. I have little patience for this stuff, especially since I have kids who are teens. Who by definition are full of drama, but at least they have hormones for an excuse.

Most of us here are grown ups and should be able to agree to disgree and move on without rehashing stuff from years ago. Live and let live. Real life must be pretty boring for the people that have time to rehash stuff that happened ages ago. Actually, maybe I am a bit jealous. I would love to have enough free time to rehash past events. I don't have enough time to remember what I did yesterday.

This is crazy and needs to stop. Tony owns the site and has rules that are clear. Either deal with it or don't. Meaning if you work for him do what he says or just step down and be a member. Just like any other job, he is the boss. Members are free to discuss whatever, moderators uphold the rules. I am not just talking out of my ear. I was a mod, couldn't do the job and stepped down. Still a member years later, no issues.

On the original post, again I'm sorry Blanca. But really, how good of friends are they really if they stop talking to you over something so petty? It's small, childish and just sad. Their loss. And if they are still stalking the forum as you say it is really depressing. Simply bc they are letting anger rule their lives. Who wants to live like that?

Ok, I apologize for the rant. I just needed to get this out bc it has been driving me nuts since I read it last night.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

9. The following 3 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-29-2016), Dragonlady2 (08-29-2016), lolsavannahh (09-01-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    You see it as a"soft approach". I see it as utilizing whatever means necessary to get the message across.
    I am hoping that your comment regarding staff " challenging" you is not about me. I was not commenting on past posts in this thread re: issues between you and Suzanne, but was rather generalizing on the impact of communication and how it is perceived by others. I understand your need to communicate your beliefs on this topic and I actually support it, but it is not my style. I hope that I have the freedom to communicate in a way that works for me....same message, different style. At the end of the day, I have to be able to look at myself in the mirror and stay true to who I am. I continue to support PP in anyway I can as I see the importance of this forum and it's message.

11. The following 4 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-29-2016), kendrafitz (08-29-2016), Mare (08-31-2016), The Pinkertons (08-29-2016)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    I am sick of the drama too. But honestly, titling a thread "sick of the drama" is an invitation for more drama. Which it obviously provoked. Not in the way intended I'm sure Blanca. I'm sorry for whatever it is you are going through with your friends.

Not trying to be mean or rude, just my opinion. I have little patience for this stuff, especially since I have kids who are teens. Who by definition are full of drama, but at least they have hormones for an excuse.

Most of us here are grown ups and should be able to agree to disgree and move on without rehashing stuff from years ago. Live and let live. Real life must be pretty boring for the people that have time to rehash stuff that happened ages ago. Actually, maybe I am a bit jealous. I would love to have enough free time to rehash past events. I don't have enough time to remember what I did yesterday.

This is crazy and needs to stop. Tony owns the site and has rules that are clear. Either deal with it or don't. Meaning if you work for him do what he says or just step down and be a member. Just like any other job, he is the boss. Members are free to discuss whatever, moderators uphold the rules. I am not just talking out of my ear. I was a mod, couldn't do the job and stepped down. Still a member years later, no issues.

On the original post, again I'm sorry Blanca. But really, how good of friends are they really if they stop talking to you over something so petty? It's small, childish and just sad. Their loss. And if they are still stalking the forum as you say it is really depressing. Simply bc they are letting anger rule their lives. Who wants to live like that?

Ok, I apologize for the rant. I just needed to get this out bc it has been driving me nuts since I read it last night.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your response Kendra! I totally get what you are saying. I only titled the post that way to get the attention of those coming on just to troll. I guess I was a little to determined to get my point across to them. I wanted to embarrass them really. But this post ended up being about much more then that. I seem to be the only one who can let go of the past out of those involved! And you are right, they are not good friends and I am glad to have nothing to do with them at this point. They are not worth keeping in my life. Good rant!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-29-2016), kendrafitz (08-29-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Kendra: Thanks for your thoughts. I hope I've reasonably explained why Blanca's OP incited my response. It appears that you understand my position in that regard. Granted, Blanca's primary goal was most likely not to rehash the huge staff dispute on PP that occurred in 2014. But her references to said dispute (and to some of the individuals involved) nonetheless suggested that perhaps the bird protection policy here is too trivial to have generated such a conflict. I vehemently disagree with that view! To me, nothing could be more important than the thoughtful protection of feathered companions who rely upon their human caregivers for safety.

Helena: I was in no way referring to you concerning being challenged. And I agree that each staff person should work with his or her own style when addressing bird protection issues. I was merely stating that in general I feel it is beyond inappropriate for an individual whom I have appointed to a moderator role, and thus entrusted to support the values that this website was founded upon, to undermine my efforts to express our bird protection policy in my own way.

15. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-29-2016)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    Maybe I'm late to the party..but it seems to me that this thread has become hurtful and judgemental.There is no question we all come here with the best interest of our birds...their health,safety nutrition etc.Without really knowing the past history of what has gone on between members,let's remember why this forum stands out above the rest.The knowledge base and compassion here doesn't exist on many forums...perhaps we shouldn't lose track of that.If the past can remain in the past where it belongs...why don't we learn from it and focus on the present and look towards the future.Beyond that lets try and behave like adults and not become just like the other forums.PP is a place I come to share ideas,learn and offer advise to those interested in my opinion.As for those opposed to Tony's ideals and passion for the well being and safety of our and others companion birds....how can anyone dispute the idealology of a safe ,risk free environment for any animal..be it bird,dog cat etc.Deep breath everyone...lets get back to being what this forum is about. My 2cents worth.
    "Ivo"

17. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-31-2016), kendrafitz (08-31-2016), Lady (09-02-2016), Mare (08-31-2016), plax (08-31-2016)