User Tag List

Thread: New Budgie Friend!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2

New Budgie Friend!

I have been trying to befriend Paris for months, but he just wants a birdie friend. I've been looking for a budgie on Craigslist, but they are always in pairs or a bunch of them being sold by crappy breeders. So I finally decided to get one from our wonderful local pet store (they get their budgies from a local breeder). I picked out this little cutie this afternoon! S/he is just a baby, 12 weeks old. S/he isn't named yet, but I have a few ideas. I love the name Lincoln, Link for short. I think that would work for either gender, but I'm not sure about the nickname for a girl. I love the name Alice, but only for a girl. Also to go with Paris, I like Eiffel, Effie for short, and Frenchie. I just wish I could tell the gender, but s/he is too young to know for sure. Feel free to suggest other names, unisex would be good!

Here is the sweet baby!

"Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

2. The following 6 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (08-22-2016), Dragonlady2 (08-23-2016), kendrafitz (08-22-2016), Lady (08-27-2016), lolsavannahh (08-22-2016), Mare (08-22-2016)

Banned

I love the name Alice, but only for a girl
    If she turns out to be a male , Alice could become Alexander, Alex for short ! sounds close to Alice...Or how about Alexa for girl Alex for a boy !
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 08-22-2016 at 04:55 PM.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-23-2016), Mare (08-22-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Hi, little cutie! Welcome! . How about Croissant, nothing more French than that! Just kidding ...although..

I like the names you've been thinking of. When the time comes to know if you've got a male or female..how do you tell?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Thank you! Mare, you can tell by the color of their ceres. I asked on a budgie forum today, and they said that he is a male. That makes me happy!

His name is Lincoln, Link for short!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-23-2016), Mare (08-23-2016)

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    what a pretty boy! I think my next bird ( in 15-20 years.... ) will be a budgie or a cockatiel.. Lovies are too unaffectionate for me! so glad he and his buddy will be happy together(:
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-28-2016), Mare (08-24-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Those are beautiful pictures. Love the name Link.

11. The following user likes this post:

Mare (08-23-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    What a handsome little boy he is. I'm sure Paris will enjoy his company as well as you! Let us know what she thinks of her new roommate.

13. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-28-2016)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    He/She is a cutie! Congratulations Maddy!!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

15. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-28-2016)

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    Umm that's a female parakeet

Parrots

Lexy (a blue budgie)
    Aww, adorable budgie! Not sure if he IS a male though, young budgies are a bit hard to distinguish, but if Lincoln turns out to be a girl you can always call her Lincy or Linnie or something like that.

18. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-11-2017), Quakerella (01-12-2017)