User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aww..the new babies diet!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Aww..the new babies diet!

I've never experienced introducing brand new palates to new foods . These newbies are not afraid of anything! All of my birds have had a past before they came to me and it's so exciting to see these new ones excited about real food!

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-21-2016), Lady (10-22-2016), Quakerella (10-27-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    I've never experienced introducing brand new palates to new foods . These newbies are not afraid of anything! All of my birds have had a past before they came to me and it's so exciting to see these new ones excited about real food!
    It's refreshing to experience a clean emotional slate... hopefully with our efforts, future generations will have a better quality of life as companion birds. I encourage everyone to research and follow the science in the well being of companion birds, they do fit in as a domesticated species if only their caregivers would learn all they can about the well being of captive parrots and how best to co- exist with our feathered friends.

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (08-21-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Teeny, Tiny and Mo still think that fruit and veggies might be their friends . I'm playing along with that thought!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-21-2016), Casper's 2nd best friend (10-22-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Teeny, Tiny and Mo still think that fruit and veggies might be their friends . I'm playing along with that thought!
    My pinksters like the little baby carrots as food/foot toys

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Watching them grow, fly and eat new things much be so fun to watch! Love it!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

9. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-22-2016)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Luckys being tough to crack on trying new thingsim not going to give up thoe so far he likes green grapes baby carrots and broccoli thoe he onlty eats a couple bit of the carrot and broccli and only eats about 1 whole grape no skin on the grapes

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (10-22-2016), Mare (10-22-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Try giving Lucky some pomegranate seeds....most birds like them. You could try steaming some sweet potato as well.

13. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (10-22-2016), luckyandjenn (10-26-2016), Mare (10-22-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

All my birds..except for Shaggy..love cooked brown rice and I like to mix some scrambled eggs with it a few times a week. The 'tiels LOVE it. I'm having a bit of a time getting Shaggy to embrace our healthy bird diet. She likes the seed diet, period. The previous owner said all the right things that I wished to hear about what she ate..in reality,,she only REALLY, prefers seed..and banana

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-22-2016), Dragonlady2 (10-22-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Casper was just the same when he came to us
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Well I hope Shaggy will want what he sees you eating, that's how Lady is with us.