User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: August 2016 Photo Contest

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Charlie5.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	4442

"Here I am deciding what to get into"

2. The following 6 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-28-2016), Dragonlady2 (08-28-2016), kendrafitz (08-28-2016), Lady (08-27-2016), plax (08-27-2016), The Pinkertons (08-27-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Blanca,

I too am very glad your back and able to set aside time to increase the posting with such enthusiasm and commitment.

Thank you

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-28-2016), Dragonlady2 (08-28-2016), plax (08-28-2016)

Banned

Hello Michelle, I hope you're summer was a good one, I love the picture of Charlie, the caption is so fitting...never a dull moment in bird keeping "survival of the fittest " with big bird !

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-28-2016), mdg1109 (08-28-2016), plax (08-28-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Never a dull or quiet moment. Charlie has taken to screaming lately because with me starting work full time and the busy end of summer schedule he is not getting the attention he is used to so it has gotten quite loud at our house, because once Charlie starts, that sets Peanut off, it sounds like a jungle at our house.

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Lot's of great entries guys! Keep them coming!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdg1109 View Post
    Never a dull or quiet moment. Charlie has taken to screaming lately because with me starting work full time and the busy end of summer schedule he is not getting the attention he is used to so it has gotten quite loud at our house, because once Charlie starts, that sets Peanut off, it sounds like a jungle at our house.
    I know how tough it is with screaming. I feel for you. I hope Charlie adjusts and it gets better very soon.
    Rosie & Kendra

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blancaej View Post
    I have been asked to try to get a photo contest going again here on the forum! Although we have a little late start for August, I think we have plenty of time to submit some great pics! Here are the Photo Contest Rules!

Monthly Photo Contest Rules ~
    ~ Only one photo can be entered in each contest by a PP member per family.
    ~ The entered photo must have been taken by the member entering the photo.
    ~ The photos may be old or new, does not matter just as long as the above rules are followed.
    ~ No photo editing of the photo is allowed unless it states otherwise for that months contest.
    ~ Once the photo is entered it cannot be changed.
    ~ Administration and Moderators may enter the photo contest as well.
    ~ Topic does not have to be bird related, but hey we are talking about birds, aren't we!
    ~ Topic for the next contest will be chosen by the winner or Blancaej if the winner chooses to pass.
    ~ The prize will be a special signature made just for you that will display the winning photo. You may use this signature for as long as you like but please use it for at least 2 weeks following the contest
    ~ Photos showing prey animals (birds) in the same photo as a predator animal of any kind will not be accepted.
    ~ MOST IMPORTANT RULE!! SO PLEASE LISTEN UP! HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Photos will be accepted until August 28th and the voting will take place from the 29th to the 31st of August. No more photo submissions will be allowed after August 28th!

UPDATE: To give us more time we will run this photo contest until 9/12/16 & Vote 9/12/16-9/14/16. Winner will be announced on 9/15/16.

AUGUST PHOTO CONTEST SUBJECT: Caption The Fid! Take a photo of your fid and then add a caption! Here is an example:

Caption"Trust me, it takes skill to make a mess like this!"

Please post all entries within this thread!

Last edited by The Pinkertons; 08-28-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mdg1109 View Post
    OH! now welcome to the jungle ...Can't beat-m, join-m, hang a swinging-vine from the ceiling and get your Tarzan call going.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    We regret to announce that the voting phase for this photo contest has been placed on hold for an undetermined period. As many of you may know, Blanca, the organizer and prize provider for this contest, has become inactive in order to focus on her own projects. With no prize to award and considering that interest and participation in this event have stalled, this is the only available option. Please accept my apology on behalf of our active staff folks
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-15-2016), Lady (09-16-2016)