User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling blue..

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Feeling blue..

I'm missing my boy today. I don't know why it's more than yesterday, maybe because I'm home all day. I've been trying to stay extra busy, the new baby cockatiels help but today hit me hard. I miss my baby boy..

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-05-2016), Casper's 2nd best friend (08-05-2016), lolsavannahh (08-05-2016), The Pinkertons (08-05-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    What a beautiful picture of him. He looks like he is daydreaming. I am sure that all of us here wish that we could help ease some of the pain. In many ways it's a solitary journey....just know that we are thinking of you and Amigo.

4. The following 5 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-05-2016), Lady (08-05-2016), Mare (08-05-2016), PlaxMacaws (08-05-2016), The Pinkertons (08-05-2016)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    Hey Mare,
    Im sorry to hear your feeling blue today....but completely understand.Im many ways the loss of our birds can be worse than the loss of our human family.The best anyone can offer is this.What has happened wont change...but thats not entirely bad.While you have suffered a huge loss, you have also had the opportunity to have experianced a huge gain both in the time you were together with Amigo and the memories that you shared.No one and no loss can take that away.Remember all his crazy antics,smile,cry...it never totally will go away,and thats because he became an important piece of your daily life.I think if you are able to take a moment to yourself, you will realize that of all the people who share their lives with their bird of choice...you and yours stand out as unique.Although he is terrably missed,I think in this case it is the quality of life that he had that stands out far and above the length of life.I wish for you and this group of careing people that this unfortunate accident never happened.But it did.Remember him...remember the folks here care very much,and take comfort in knowing you gave him the absolute best.If your so inclined have a small marker made and place it in a special place....I once had a friend who got a beautiful set of windchimes that had her birds name engraved on them....she would always have a smile on her face when the wind would gently blow thru them....it was always a happy memory for her.( unless you hate windchimes. )
    "Ivo"

6. The following 6 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-05-2016), kendrafitz (08-05-2016), Lady (08-05-2016), Mare (08-05-2016), PlaxMacaws (08-05-2016), The Pinkertons (08-05-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Thanks, Helena and Dave. Yes, it is a personal journey and one that I've been trying to avoid, I miss him so much. I was going through my photos today and had a complete breakdown. I know it will get better over time so I just need to breathe. I'm working on a mosaic as a headstone for his grave, I love the wind chime idea, too, thank you.

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-05-2016), Dragonlady2 (08-05-2016), kendrafitz (08-05-2016), PlaxMacaws (08-05-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    He's was gorgeous .I feel bad about how sad you must be taking down his cage.It's ok to have super sad times and relive him.I bet he was something else and you have lots of crazy memories.I agree it's almost harder than the loss of a human.Take care
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

10. The following 6 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-05-2016), Dragonlady2 (08-05-2016), kendrafitz (08-05-2016), Mare (08-05-2016), PlaxMacaws (08-05-2016), The Pinkertons (08-05-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Hey Mare. I've actually been surprised how well you've been able to press on since his passing. I know you're a strong person. But lets face it, losing Amigo has imposed enormous emotional trauma upon you. I think for some of us our psyches can automatically numb the impact of such devastation for a while. It's really a survival mechanism that may provide a bit of freedom from dwelling on such a tremendous loss. In this way, we can hopefully avoid feeling the full impact as a continuous 24/7 full force crushing reality. The unfortunate part, though, is that this mechanism can't keep the unbearable pain from such an enormous devastation away 100% of the time. It's going to creep back into our thoughts now and then, and when it does it can bring us way down . At least that's my guess as to what may be happening with you.

And Mare, in my opinion you need to really allow yourself to feel this way at times, simply because it's part of the natural grieving process. I can easily understand what you must be feeling... because each and every day that has passed since I learned of Amigo's fate, my own thoughts about him have emerged and I've found it quite painful as well. And I've only come to know him through you and the window you've so graciously provided for us into his amazing life over the last few years

Amigo was exceptionally unique, entirely amazing, and extremely fortunate to have you as his companion. He will be very missed by many and his legend will prevail!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

12. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-05-2016), kendrafitz (08-05-2016), Mare (08-05-2016), The Pinkertons (08-05-2016)

Banned

Dear Mare ...you know in your heart of hearts, in your life experience with your beloved Amigo you wouldn't have changed a thing. One way or another we all have our temporal destiny.

And may I add if you felt no sorrow for your loss of Amigo ...then something would be wrong with you.

14. The following 4 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-05-2016), Dragonlady2 (08-05-2016), Mare (08-05-2016), PlaxMacaws (08-05-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I just want to say that I am sending you lots of love and hugs. xoxo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

16. The following 5 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-05-2016), Dragonlady2 (08-05-2016), Mare (08-05-2016), PlaxMacaws (08-05-2016), The Pinkertons (08-05-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh Dear Sweet Mare,

He is not gone, he is with all who's life he has touched. He's not by your side or in his tree but waiting patiently for the day when you will be reunited. He is experiencing all the love and freedom you have taught him. I agree that it some days will be more difficult than others, try on those days to think about the what Amigo might want you to do or just do something in his honor.
    I've always believed the pain we bare in loss of a loved one goes as deep as the love we have for them, but remember the joy you shared and wipe away those tears because you have shared those special moments together with him.
    May your heart be strong .

18. The following 5 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-05-2016), Dragonlady2 (08-05-2016), Mare (08-05-2016), PlaxMacaws (08-05-2016), The Pinkertons (08-05-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

You all have been amazing and so kind, I'm very thankful. I discovered today that I have been repressing my emotions, it hurts so bad to think about him being gone and if I don't keep a check on it, I'm afraid I might lose it completely.

The memories I have of him in my life can become overwhelming..I really don't want to be crying all day, everyday..so I took today and just settled into a good cry while I went through photos that also made me smile and remember why I will always and forever love and miss him. He was truly a special spirit.

20. The following 6 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-05-2016), Dragonlady2 (08-05-2016), kendrafitz (08-05-2016), Lady (08-05-2016), PlaxMacaws (08-05-2016), The Pinkertons (08-05-2016)