User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Newbies!

Chip and Jellybean had unfortunately laid one more clutch before I separated them. Jellybean is now in a cage where Chip can visit her from the outside..no more hanky-panky for these two!

The first one to hatch was on the day we lost Mi Amigo, July 18. The other two came around three days later. I thought Chip and Jellybean were doing a good job but when I started seeing them both out of the nest box at the same time, I knew something wasn't right. I pulled them and we've been hand feeding them since then.

They are so tiny and helpless that we can't help but love them..even if they're a little bit ugly

Oh boy! Time to eat!!

2. The following 7 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-04-2016), Casper's 2nd best friend (08-03-2016), Dragonlady2 (08-03-2016), kendrafitz (08-04-2016), lolsavannahh (08-04-2016), Maddy (08-16-2016), PlaxMacaws (08-03-2016)

Banned

Mare, remember the childhood story about the "ugly duckling" that turned into the most beautiful swan !

I notice on your counter you use "Image Skincare" Image is one of the primary professional skincare lines that I use and recommend in my esthetic practice . "PCA skin" is also first rate.

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (08-03-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Looks like you are doing a wonderful job with the handfeeding. The chicks may not be the most beautiful, but you have to love it when they come to you for food, neck stretched and mouth open. So cute!

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (08-03-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Cute! He/she looks like a baby dinosaur
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (08-03-2016), The Pinkertons (08-03-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pinkertons View Post
    Mare, remember the childhood story about the "ugly duckling" that turned into the most beautiful swan !

I notice on your counter you use "Image Skincare" Image is one of the primary professional skincare lines that I use and recommend in my esthetic practice . "PCA skin" is also first rate.
    I'm not sure if a beautiful swan is in their cards but they will be cute and FRIENDLY! I'm excited about having some hand tame cockatiels

My daughter, Kate, is a massage therapist and works with a friend who is an esthetician. Kate get's this product at cost and keeps me supplied..she always knows what I want/need for my birthday and Christmas . I'll ask her about the "PCA skin" product.
    Last edited by Mare; 08-03-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Banned

11. The following user likes this post:

Mare (08-03-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Helena, I hope I'm doing a good job..they sure have an appetite, I have to be careful not to over feed them. I think they would eat till they popped!

Tony, I agree..they definitely have dinosaur DNA. They even sound like them!!

13. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-03-2016), PlaxMacaws (08-04-2016), The Pinkertons (08-03-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Cute! He/she looks like a baby dinosaur
    Yep, parrots evolved from dinosaurs and humans evolved ears that parrots can hang onto to stop from slipping off your shoulder. Argue with that Darwin deniers.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

15. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-04-2016), Mare (08-04-2016), PlaxMacaws (08-04-2016), The Pinkertons (08-04-2016)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    So ugly they're cute! Lol! How precious are they. So glad all is going well so far.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

17. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-04-2016), Mare (08-04-2016), PlaxMacaws (08-04-2016)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    Not ugly at all.Just the start of a new life.Congrats..looks like your doing it all right.
    "Ivo"

19. The following 3 users like this post:

Mare (08-04-2016), PlaxMacaws (08-04-2016), The Pinkertons (08-04-2016)