User Tag List

Thread: parrot senses and survival

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.

parrot senses and survival

A reminder of how and why our parrots react to danger.

http://avianenrichment.com/learn/ins...s-and-survival

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-28-2016), plax (07-28-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Good read and interesting facts. I like this part: "Night vision is poor in parrots" and my ending of the sentence would be... making it easier for me to give some extra scratches.

Lady is more willing when the lights are dim. It could be b/c she is getting ready to rest but in the morning, just before sunrise she is in a quieter mood and will speak softer as well as be more gentle. If there was such a thing as a morning bird, for me it would describe her best behavior.

4. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-28-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    My Sennie is much more amenable in the early morning and just before bed. If I were to try and give him scritches during the day, I might be missing a finger.

Does Lady allow scritches throughout the day as well?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Yes when she's in the mood and always if I have pine nuts.

7. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-28-2016)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Very nice article! A great read. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

9. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-28-2016)