User Tag List

Thread: Finally Some Recent Pics Of My Sidney

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.

Finally Some Recent Pics Of My Sidney

Now that I am back home I have some time to post some pics of my Sidney! I've had him a year now. He has settled in and has become a real delight to all of us. He is really starting to come out of his shell and it's nice to witness it! He is just the cutest little guy. We are so glad he came into our lives a year ago!

We got him June 15 was his gotcha day. We were told he was about 5 when I got him so we are guessing 6 now.

Here he is taking a selfie of himself on my phone! :P

To see more pics from this blog post click here: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: Sidney Taking Selfies

I took Sidney for walks just like I did my Quincy! But now he can wear a harness. Yay!

To see more pics from this blog post click here: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: A Fun Walk With Sidney & The Kids

Sidney wearing his test harness.

To see more pics from this blog post click here: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: Sidney's Harness Is Done!

Sidney's Froggy Harness

To see more pics from this blog post click here: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: Sidney's Cute Froggy Harness

Sidney's First Boat Ride

To see more pics from this blog post click here: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: First Boat Ride Of The Season & Sidney Comes Along

Another boat ride pic.

To see more pics from this blog post click here: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: Coqui & Sidney Enjoying The Lake

Sidney coming down to say hi to my son Marcus.

To see more pics from this blog post click here: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: Sidney Hanging Out With Marcus!

You can really see how much Sidney has come out of his shell. Especially this past month! He started going over and hanging out in the window with Coqui this week. Love it!

To see more pics from this blog post click here: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: New Buddies?

Sidney Steals A Grape From Marcus! Goes to shell how comfortable he is getting. LOL!

To see more pics from this blog post go to: http://sweetparrots.blogspot.com/201...in-family.html

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-27-2016), kendrafitz (07-28-2016), Lady (07-28-2016), lolsavannahh (07-28-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Sydney looks like a real sweetie. Are his head feathers turquoise?
    When you use a harness, what do you use as the leash?

4. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (07-27-2016)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Yes, he has the turquoise head. As for the harness, I use a lightweight leash. I actually have nylon and make it myself.

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-27-2016)

Parrots

Here is another cute pic I forgot to share. My "Little Devil"

For more pics from this blog post go to: http://sweetparrots.blogspot.com/201...tle-devil.html

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-27-2016), Dragonlady2 (07-27-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Do you have to fight to get them in their harnesses? I was wondering if the birds found them more acceptable than the webbing type. We bought Casper a webbing harness and it never got used because he flatly refused to put his head through the loop. If your design is different in that you don't have to put anything over their heads I would be interested to know how it works.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-27-2016), Dragonlady2 (07-27-2016), Lady (07-28-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Do you have to fight to get them in their harnesses? I was wondering if the birds found them more acceptable than the webbing type. We bought Casper a webbing harness and it never got used because he flatly refused to put his head through the loop. If your design is different in that you don't have to put anything over their heads I would be interested to know how it works.
    No, you still have to put it over the head. Try an avian fashions flight suit. They don't go over the head.
    http://www.bird-diaper.com

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

12. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-27-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I watched the video....my concern is that the leash is just attached with Velcro. How is yours attached Blanca?

14. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (07-27-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    I watched the video....my concern is that the leash is just attached with Velcro. How is yours attached Blanca?
    On 2 D Rings.I have used the flight suits and they use long pieces of Velcro that is very secure. I was concerned at first until I put them on. They have a strong grip and that was on my Mac's.

Last edited by Blancaej; 07-27-2016 at 11:01 PM.

16. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-27-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Thanks for the linky, I will read with interest. I think your material choices are better, I'm not too keen on the fancy dress ideas - that's just me thinking birds should not be humiliated.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

18. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-28-2016), Dragonlady2 (07-28-2016)

Parrots

If you like my vests and you think going over the head will work, I got the idea from

http://birdpreferred.com

See if they have what you like. I've used aviator harnesses and flight suits and the vest style is my favorite. My Quincy is the only one I can't get in a harness. So some birds just won't tolerate it. And I agree, the dresses I have no interest in but my guys love the hoodies during the colder months! I'm working on making my own version of the hoodies as well.

20. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-28-2016)