User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The summer heat is on!!!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Hot here in Cali, Suzanne is right! We have swamp box cooling and there is a secret to living this way. You've got to open the windows at night, the temp will usually cool around 30 degrees at night, the cooler air will infiltrate your house. Close up the windows before the temp starts to rise and then, turn on the cooler.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-25-2016), Dragonlady2 (07-25-2016), Lady (07-27-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    We have thick brick walls at the bottom of our house and it stays quite pleasantly cool on the ground floor, but it gets progressively warmer as you go upstairs.
    We keep the bedroom curtains closed in hot weather which makes the room cooler.
    A heatwave here is 28 degrees.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-25-2016), Lady (07-27-2016), Mare (07-26-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    We have thick brick walls at the bottom of our house and it stays quite pleasantly cool on the ground floor, but it gets progressively warmer as you go upstairs.
    We keep the bedroom curtains closed in hot weather which makes the room cooler.
    A heatwave here is 28 degrees.

Oh,,shut up, Jean-Pierre. I'm a little bit demurred. Only because...oh,,shut up!!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-25-2016), Dragonlady2 (07-25-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

I'm in the Southern California desert, right now..29 Palms. It IS HOT! The forecast for Thursday is 112.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-27-2016), Lady (07-27-2016)

Parrots

Humidity also has an effect on how the weather feels, it is somehow much easier to bear a dry heat like Sacramento 19% today. When it gets hot here it is usually very humid, sometimes 80% or more which is a bit like trying to walk through treacle.
    Today we have 24 degrees and 67% humidity, grey skies with showers. Margaret is bemoaning the fact that she washed her cars yesterday and they will be filthy again.

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-27-2016), Lady (07-27-2016), Mare (07-27-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Yes, have to agree about the humidity playing a factor in how hot it feels. We moved to an area with a dry heat. It has been unseasonably warm here...temps up to 29-30 c , but it's bearable because of low humidity. We are moving back to where we came from and I am not looking forward to the humidity there. You just have to be sitting and you sweat.
    I had to look up swamp box cooling. Too bad it doesn't work in areas of high humidity.

Anyway, for those of you suffering in the high temps, I hope the weather breaks for you soon. Nothing more debilitating than day after day of excessive heat.

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-27-2016), Lady (07-27-2016), Mare (07-27-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Yes, another hot one today. We are now receiving some cooling rain but still very humid. Time to turn on the air to get a good nights rest.

Keep cool everyone~

14. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-31-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    It's September and the heat is still stifling today! I am very grateful for a breeze. The humidity is at 47%, but it feels like the sun is extra hot beating on the skin. Thank Heaven for trees and shade. I wanted to wash the car windows today but I spent my first day back on the internet trying to do some catch up and slept late into the morning. No way is it worth going out to do what I had wanted till maybe early evening.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their day~

16. The following user likes this post:

wingman (09-14-2016)

Parrots

The forecast here is for 32 degrees and 93% humidity on Tuesday.

18. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (09-10-2016), wingman (09-14-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Yikes...is that 32 degrees Celsius? I would never have thought it would have gotten that high at this time of year where you are.