User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The summer heat is on!!!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)

The summer heat is on!!!

Man it's 96F in my neck of the woods but it feels like 101. Trying to be a tough girl and sweat it out. I don't want to turn the air till it's time to sleep but boy I'm starting to melt!!!

The humidity is 37% and Lady seems not to mind at all. She hasn't even dipped in her water bowl not once today. Usually when I run the vacuum she is all into her water bowl. I ran it twice so far today and nothing. Don't know why she thinks when I run it that she needs to take a bowl bath but that is what she always does even in the winter.

Oh well, hope you are all keeping hydrated and are having a great Saturday .

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-24-2016), Dragonlady2 (07-23-2016), Mare (07-25-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I read somewhere that the birds associate the noise of the vacuum cleaner with a rain storm. My birds do the same....if I want them to bath, I just run the vacuum cleaner....lol.

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (07-23-2016), lolsavannahh (07-24-2016), Mare (07-25-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Well it seems true for us that's for sure!

Banned

It's 109 degrees here today and will be for the rest of the week, we have a wild fire about 10 miles away in the foothills behind us, ash is everywhere, with the drought this could sweep down closer to us. On the alert to evacuate.

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-24-2016), Mare (07-25-2016)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    It's in the 90's here in VT which is really warm. We've had a lot more 90's days then usual up here! Us northerners don't like that really hot heat so much!

Suzanne, I hope the fire stays away and you are safe. Please keep us posted!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-24-2016), Mare (07-25-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Goodness Suzanne be careful and prepared. I hope you all remain safe. It must be very scary!

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Wow Suzanne, please keep us posted. We had wildfires here last year...even 5 hours away we had smoke. I can't imagine the amount of the ash.

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Man it's 96F in my neck of the woods but it feels like 101. Trying to be a tough girl and sweat it out. I don't want to turn the air till it's time to sleep but boy I'm starting to melt!!!

The humidity is 37% and Lady seems not to mind at all. She hasn't even dipped in her water bowl not once today. Usually when I run the vacuum she is all into her water bowl. I ran it twice so far today and nothing. Don't know why she thinks when I run it that she needs to take a bowl bath but that is what she always does even in the winter.

Oh well, hope you are all keeping hydrated and are having a great Saturday .
    When I got in the car yesterday after work it said it was 104. I was on my way home last night from my mother in laws and still at 10 p.m. it said it was 83. We have had 100% humidity so we have been miserable. I have to work again today ( I am working 7 days straight and today is my 4th out of 7) but thankfully my office is not and air conditioned!

Stay cool everyone.

14. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-24-2016), Lady (07-24-2016), Mare (07-25-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pinkertons View Post
    It's 109 degrees here today and will be for the rest of the week, we have a wild fire about 10 miles away in the foothills behind us, ash is everywhere, with the drought this could sweep down closer to us. On the alert to evacuate.
    I hope the wildfires are safely put out soon and that you all do not have to evacuate. I will thinking positive thoughts for you!

16. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-24-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

@mdg1109;
    Girl I hear ya! I love being able to drive as opposed to taking public transportation. My driverside window broke and I can't roll it down, getting into the car even after opening all the windows still is super heated. This is the time I think about upgrading my ride and getting air, but it just isn't in the cards right now.
    Be careful on your ride home and if possible keep your window shade up and leave a small space open for circulation, even tho it's still hot air.

18. The following 2 users like this post: