User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food On The Floor

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I have had my share of pellets(I call it birdie kibble), on the floor, in my sandals, and on the furniture. The worst is when they fling their wet food. If I miss it on the floor, I end up stepping in it. I've had to tape plastic tableclothes on the walls and the bars of their cages get sticky because they will climb all over while they eat....ugh!

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (07-28-2016), Mare (07-27-2016), mdg1109 (07-28-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Our Sassy bird is a funny one. She will grab a pellet or large seed, walk over to a cage bar and crack it between her beak and the bar..if that makes sense. It doesn't get eaten..just crunched. Does anyone else's bird do that?

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Yes Casper will just shred food like nuts up without actually eating any, he seems to think we have an endless supply and money to waste.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

5. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (07-28-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    And despite being covered up for the night we have just been treated to the bish bash bosh of the contents of his fresh food bowl hitting the bottom of the cage.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-28-2016), mdg1109 (07-28-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Silly birds, guess they just don't know that what they drop for later won't sprout for next season.

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-28-2016), mdg1109 (07-28-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Charlie (Knock on wood) has not flung his fresh food, if he doesn't like it he simply drops it to the bottom of his cage. We have a friend that had a African Gray that used to fling his entire fresh food bowl around his cage

11. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-28-2016)