User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 400 birds seized from Georgia doctors home..

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash

400 birds seized from Georgia doctors home..

Not sure if any of you heard yet but just 2 days ago 400 parrots and other companion birds were seized from a Decalb county home in Georgia.. These birds are being held for the court date, but will ALL soon need new loving homes. If you or anyone you know has ever wanted a companion bird and can properly care for one PLEASE let them know about this!

If you cannot adopt please feel free to help out by spreading the word; or donating money, cages, food, or perches. If you want more information please let me know.. I am fairly local so I will be helping out with a few volunteer days coming up and will take pictures and spread info when I can. In a video I saw I noticed a lot of rare or expensive parrots ( i.e. Major Michelle's cockatoos, red-winged parrots, and many different looking alexandrines JUST in the video.. believe me there are SOOO many more parrots too ) and I would really like them all to go to good homes and not flippers! They are also all likely ill, not tamed, and very afraid of humans... If I could take one I would but I really cannot take in another bird... I am contacting everyone I know myself but please spread it around@@

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/deka...home/399548433
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...nd-dead/nrxx6/
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Yes, I have seen this story as well as another one where there were 200+ parrots rescued. I had no idea that 30 parrots were dead when they were all rescued. This is too sad and horrible for words.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention here. Hopefully, the poor birds will find new homes soon to begin the road to recovery.

3. The following 2 users like this post:

lolsavannahh (07-17-2016), mdg1109 (07-19-2016)

Banned

A doctor no less. How deplorable. Typical example of an animal hoarder.

5. The following 2 users like this post:

lolsavannahh (07-17-2016), mdg1109 (07-19-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Wow it is truly sad that those birds had to live that way.

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-17-2016), lolsavannahh (07-17-2016)

Banned

400 birds seized from Georgia doctors home..
    What kind of Doctor is this ? Just goes to show, title does not equate to sound judgment ,knowledge, common sense, compassion , I could go on and on. To much suffering in this world, in the hands of humans.

9. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-17-2016), lolsavannahh (07-17-2016), mdg1109 (07-19-2016), plax (07-18-2016)

Parrots

Not sure the type of doctor.. but just know he is one. it is sad that someone we deem with such high esteem can also make such bad choices...

11. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-17-2016), mdg1109 (07-19-2016), The Pinkertons (07-17-2016)

Banned

not sure the type of doctor.. But just know he is one. It is sad that someone we deem with such high esteem can also make such bad choices...
    so , so, sad

13. The following user likes this post:

lolsavannahh (07-18-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    If ever there was a reason for the registration or licensing of parrot ownership this is at the top of the pile.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

15. The following user likes this post:

The Pinkertons (07-18-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    If ever there was a reason for the registration or licensing of parrot ownership this is at the top of the pile.
    Absolutely, as with all exotics & domestic alike.

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-18-2016), lolsavannahh (07-18-2016)

Parrots

I've never thought of it before... but I actaully think I agree that there should be some kind of license you need to have to own an exotic parrot. I feel that would bring the mortality rate down and also help keep people educated.. Maybe they have to go to a class before they can get the license or something? that sounds like a great idea.

19. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-18-2016), mdg1109 (07-19-2016), The Pinkertons (07-18-2016)