User Tag List

Thread: Willy's chop/Food

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.

Willy's chop/Food

Just thought I would share what Willy gets for his breakfast and snack.
    He gets two 40 ounce bowls of chop a day. A snack or two. Pieces of Walnut and Almonds, as well as 1/4 cup of seed and dried food mix.
    His afternoon snack is a forkful of mashed sweet potato with brown rice, quinoa, steamed carrots, cinnamon and red pepper flakes.

Every bird, including the canaries get a bowl of chop.
    Attachments Attachments IMG_0282.jpg  

IMG_0281.jpg  

Last edited by Dragonlady2; 07-13-2016 at 03:30 PM.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (07-14-2016), Lady (07-16-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    He gets two 40 ounce bowls of chop a day. A snack or two. Pieces of Walnut and Almonds, as well as 1/4 cup of seed and dried food mix.
    His afternoon snack is a forkful of mashed sweet potato with brown rice, quinoa, cinnamon and red pepper flakes.

Every bird, including the canaries get a bowl of chop.
    Wow, that looks super healthy and yummy! I haven't tried mashed sweet potatoes yet I always cube them and then microwave them to get them soft, Charlie loves them and I have not yet tried them for Peanut yet but your recipe sound good I think I am going to try it!

4. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-13-2016)

Banned

His afternoon snack is a forkful of mashed sweet potato with brown rice, quinoa, cinnamon and red pepper flakes.
    Eclectus dietary needs are focused on fresh fruit and veggies, more so than a Cockatoo or Macaw/Amazon thats not to say the aforementioned doesn't require some fresh green foods /fruit . Depending on the Species, Lorikeets as the Eclectus require higher fruit diet. It sure looks delicious. Helena

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-14-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pinkertons View Post

Eclectus dietary needs are focused on fresh fruit and veggies, more so than a Cockatoo or Macaw/Amazon thats not to say the aforementioned doesn't require some fresh green foods /fruit . Depending on the Species, Lorikeets as the Eclectus require higher fruit diet. It sure looks delicious. Helena
    Yes, Willy has a specific diet based on fresh fruits and vegetables. The one thing he cannot tolerate is pellets. Even 1 teaspoon a day will have him toe tapping.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post

Yes, Willy has a specific diet based on fresh fruits and vegetables. The one thing he cannot tolerate is pellets. Even 1 teaspoon a day will have him toe tapping.
    Eclectus are somewhat higher maintenance with their diet it seems. Their beautiful, love their intense rich coloring.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Looks inviting! And made me hungry.