User Tag List

Thread: Interesting story about gift-giving crows

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.

Interesting story about gift-giving crows

Monday morning read. The relationship between a young girl and the crows she feeds.

http://goo.gl/3wXfMX

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (07-16-2016), Mare (07-11-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    This is SO cool! Thanks for sharing, Helena!!

4. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-11-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    This is SO cool! Thanks for sharing, Helena!!

Crows have always fascinated me. A neighbour had a pet crow when I was a kid. If you walked by their house, the darn thing would come out and swoop down on you. Scared the crap out of me at the time....it felt like Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds". But they are so ingenious.

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-11-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Were they crows or ravens, Helena? I suppose they are both super smart. I love our ravens that live in our area, they keep the hawks from bothering Amigo.

Amigo will also, do fly-by's..scares the "wootie" out of folks! Frickin' bird!
    Last edited by Mare; 07-11-2016 at 04:10 PM.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-11-2016), Dragonlady2 (07-11-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Oh Mare, you are asking me to remember too far back....lol. All I know is that it was huge, black and flying around over my head.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Awesome story. It's great to hear about young folks enjoying wildlife out in the world. Thanks for sharing~