User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm pretty sure..

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

I'm pretty sure..

I'm a dang bird magnet . Meet Carl. I was minding my own business and in walks Tim with this baby bird. He was doing tractor work out back and got going with his rake and saw this little one flitting around on the ground. He says he didn't see any nest or parents, he went back to check several times. Anyways..I want to introduce little Carl bird . And..boy oh boy, he is a hungry guy!

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-07-2016), Lady (07-07-2016), Maddy (07-07-2016), plax (07-07-2016), The Pinkertons (07-07-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    What a cute little beggar....what kind is he?

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-07-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I'm guessing he's a sort of sparrow..?.. He never shuts up, I researched what to feed him and how often. He's got a healthy appetite, for sure!!

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-07-2016), Lady (07-07-2016), The Pinkertons (07-07-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Oh my gosh, Carl is so precious!!!!!!!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-07-2016)

Banned

Carl is precious, now we all have something to chat about, and share the progress in the life and times of Baby Carl

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-07-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    How is your little chickie this morning Mare?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    How is your little chickie this morning Mare?

HUNGRY!! I can't find enough worms but I have softened kitten chow and mashed up hard boiled egg. His little wings are getting some pretty good lift, he'll be ready to take off within a couple days. When the time comes, I'll take him back to the area Tim found him and hope he will reunite with his family.

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-07-2016), Lady (07-07-2016)

Banned

HUNGRY!! I can't find enough worms but I have softened kitten chow and mashed up hard boiled egg. His little wings are getting some pretty good lift, he'll be ready to take off within a couple days. When the time comes, I'll take him back to the area Tim found him and hope he will reunite with his family.
    I had that experience with a fledgling humming bird, Poor tiny thing was hanging on some alge strings on my pond waterfall, I took him in until he got his strength and bearings. For me it was gift/ experience of a lifetime, observing a tiny little creature close-up. When it was time to let him go it brought tears to my eyes. He hovered around me for awhile then took off. To this day once- in- awhile a humming bird will hover within a foot of me, I wonder if it's Baby Hummers.
    ( Born Free ) !
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 07-07-2016 at 06:32 PM.

15. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-07-2016), Dragonlady2 (07-08-2016), Lady (07-07-2016), Mare (07-10-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Just a quick check up on Carl.....how is the hungry little guy today?

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-10-2016), Mare (07-10-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Little Carl has flown the coop! . He was flying like a champ so I took him down where Tim found him and let him go. He was chirping up a storm, I hope he does well out there.

19. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-10-2016), kendrafitz (07-10-2016), The Pinkertons (07-10-2016)