User Tag List

Thread: Brain food for birds!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Brain food for birds!

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Interesting article, we've never given Casper egg before. He does love fish though which is also good for Omega 3.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    My birds love scrambled eggs. Thei might get some every 3 weeks. They get peas, lentils, etc everyday in their sprouts and an almond and a piece of walnut. I think seeds are underrated as well. They get some in their nutriberries and my Ekkie gets Volkman's Eclectus seed. All this on top of their fresh food and pellets. we have come a long way from feeding parrots seed only diets. Even my canaries have fresh food everyday.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-28-2016), The Pinkertons (06-28-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    It all sounds great as long as the bird will actually ingest the brain food . Once we figure out how they like it, raw, steamed, cut small or large enough to hold on their own.

Lady prefers to take it from my dinner plate.

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-29-2016), Dragonlady2 (06-28-2016), The Pinkertons (06-29-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I hear you Alice. I have learned not to eat in front of the birds. My Australian King decided she liked my porkchop. I speared it before she was able to get lift off. Funny how they want your food.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (06-29-2016), The Pinkertons (06-29-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Lady also likes to try for the meat. I usually have to keep it on a separate plate so I can eat it when she is preoccupied with the veggies and whatever else I have that she can have. She also like to try salad dressing, now that I have to keep in a sealed tupperware container or in the bottle and dab what I want from it on each bite. If all else fails and she has a tantrum, I have to eat in another room or cover her up and eat late when she can't see me.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-29-2016), The Pinkertons (06-29-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Flock feeders, if your eating it it must be good
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-29-2016), Lady (07-02-2016), The Pinkertons (06-29-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Interesting article, we've never given Casper egg before. He does love fish though which is also good for Omega 3.
    What about Hemp seeds ?

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-29-2016), Mare (06-29-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Hemp seeds are in many bird seed mixtures, I've read that they have lots of Omega 3.

16. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-29-2016), Dragonlady2 (06-29-2016), The Pinkertons (06-29-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Hemp seeds are in many bird seed mixtures, I've read that they have lots of Omega 3.
    I buy bulk hemp seeds at a bird supply warehouse .I use as a topping on their food .