User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amigo is still setting..

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdg1109 View Post
    What about finding Amigo a mate and having Amigo Jr's? The would be adorable! He is so cute setting on his egg/shell!

Omg! No..no..no..no..NOPE! Not in my future, Michelle! .

2. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (06-27-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Omg! No..no..no..no..NOPE! Not in my future, Michelle! .
    I kind of figured that would be the answer hehehe, just a thought though

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (06-27-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    ..and he is STILL setting! On the plus side..I'm not worrying about him getting into too much trouble. I do worry about his appetite not being what it was but I'm thinking that he's not expending the same energy as when he's grossing out the neighborhood!

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-27-2016), Dragonlady2 (06-29-2016), kendrafitz (06-27-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Wonder when he will get bored and give it up? Better yet what if it actually hatched, if it were an egg. Would the male take care of the little one if the female wasn't around??

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (06-29-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Wonder when he will get bored and give it up? Better yet what if it actually hatched, if it were an egg. Would the male take care of the little one if the female wasn't around??
    He could be a Surrogate Parrot.
    Joking aside, for example. Unique among Rose-Breasted Cockatoos, they have a Nursery type of Hierarchy within the flock dynamics, tending to each others Fledglings. And sitting on eggs.

That is one of the many reasons the Galah has been so prolific in their adaptability to civilization encroaching on their habitat. Whereas other species are endangered.

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-29-2016), Lady (07-02-2016), Mare (06-29-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Amigo has been slowly losing interest in setting on a 100 degree egg/shell, I moved it off into the garden yesterday. It's been hovering around 110 for the past few days and even though his cage and shell are in the shade,, it's freakin' HOT! He still insists on being outside but I'll drag his complaining, panting body in during the hottest part of the day and let him back out after around 6:00pm for a couple of hours.

My daughter suggested giving him a fertile chicken's egg, a few weeks ago, but the fact that I brought him in to eat and sleep..it could never work..I told her,,end of subject!
    Last edited by Mare; 06-29-2016 at 08:26 PM.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (06-30-2016), Lady (07-02-2016)