User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amigo is still setting..

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Amigo is still setting..

Knucklehead, is still nesting. I had to take away his box of junk with the basket in it because it was too close to the side of the house, he started to chew on the outside wood paneling, YIKES! . Tim's going to have a FIT!..when he discovers this newest demolition by Amigo. I'll get up a pic, soon

I found a roundish sea shell and put it on top of his outdoor cage. He tucked it up on a towel and there he sets, for hours and hours...the knucklehead..

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-13-2016), Dragonlady2 (06-15-2016), kendrafitz (06-12-2016), mdg1109 (06-17-2016), Pinkbirdy (06-13-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Poor Amigo, he wants to have his own egg to sit on so badly!! What a devoted Daddy he would be!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-13-2016), Dragonlady2 (06-15-2016), Mare (06-13-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    He really would be a good daddy, Kendra . Here is a pic of him adjusting the shell/egg underneath him. I wish I could get a pic of him dosing while setting..it's precious!

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-13-2016), Dragonlady2 (06-13-2016), kendrafitz (06-13-2016), mdg1109 (06-17-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Question...is Amigo "setting" on an egg/shell or..is he "sitting"? I never know what's the correct way to say this

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Setting seems to be a colloquialism or an Americanism. In English English we use sitting. I think I first heard "set awhile" on The Beverley Hillbillies
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

9. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-15-2016), Mare (06-15-2016), mdg1109 (06-17-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Setting seems to be a colloquialism or an Americanism. In English English we use sitting. I think I first heard "set awhile" on The Beverley Hillbillies

Love it!..Jean-Pierre! .

Nobility Member

Parrots

Ok, photobucket relaxed..here is said damage. Believe it or not..Tim hasn't said anything about it!!..?..I'm NOT going to point it out, either!

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    It might be worth filling the hole with some sealant to stop the bugs getting in, we had this lot eyeing up the missing tiles on our roof as a possible new home. The internet is wonderful in these situations, I was able to get in touch with a local bee keeper with a vacant hive so they now have a posh new home.

Bee swarm by Jean-Pierre Declemy, on Flickr
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

13. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-15-2016), kendrafitz (06-15-2016), Mare (06-17-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Thank you for the advice, Jean-Pierre! Yeah..you would not want that lot moving into your home!

15. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-17-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    What about finding Amigo a mate and having Amigo Jr's? The would be adorable! He is so cute setting on his egg/shell!