User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little girl is at it again.....

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash

Angry Little girl is at it again.....

ugghhh here's my #gripe

DO any of you remember me complaining about that little girl on another website that was talking about how she wanted a bird.. but was clearly not fit for one, and didn't even seem to want to learn about caring for a parrot? Yeah you remember how mad I was? Well she's back again but now she wants to get 2 parrots and BREED THEM!!!
    I have been trying to talk her out of it for a few days now and she won't budge! Here are her exact words:

"To be honest I disagree on what you say that since im in school i won't be able to take care of it, Im sure i will find a way to take care of the babys if the female did had babys, it doesn't really matter if you are in school or not you still will have a lot of thing's to care for, I'm in school but I have a way of taking care of my pet's. To be honest it never to late to learn something new, Ya i might be young to breed the bird but there nothing wrong with it, I mean it life, you will have to learn how to breed or prepare sooner or later. Ya know?

You can always google and read books about birds or watch video, and sometimes learn from your mistake, which it's normal some people learn from their mistake."

She is driving me insane and I honestly don't even want to reply. I know I should, and I am of course very civil, she sounds like she is probably 7 or 8 years old. I tell her it is dangerous for the female to be bred, and that if she decides she doesn't want the baby then she will have to take them in and feed them every 3-4 hours, even overnight.. and if she is in school she won't be able to keep up.. and everything and holy crap she just doesn't care what I have to say at all!! ugghh

#gripe #gripe #gripe !!!
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    She seems to maintain the attitude that if she fails with the babies or their parents, it will simply be a matter of "oh well... live and learn." She doesn't seem concerned at all about the potential negative (or even devastating) impact upon the poor birds, themselves . It's clear to me that she is empathy challenged
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Banned

@lolsavannahh

Maybe she's, trolling you
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 06-08-2016 at 11:08 PM.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    It sure makes me wonder............what is this world coming too , where are the parents , is she for real.................

5. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (06-09-2016)

Parrots

I don't think so mare.. Do you see her spelling? She is obviously not very educated, whether young or old and dumb XD She does seem to lack empathy and its pissing me off.. these aren't just disposable pieces of trash.. they re sentient beings!!!

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    I have the same question as Alice, where are the parents? She sounds extremely spoiled and does not probably get told NO. If it were me I would be spiteful enough to do some investigating, find out where she lives and call the local Humane Society or ASPCA and file a complaint. If a complaint gets filed they at least have to check it out and maybe that will wake up the girl and the parents, you can file one anonymously.

Parrots

I don't think I would go that far, but she does need a theoretical slap in the head! She is asking questions now.. Seems to want to know more maybe.. Hope it ends well!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    You could let her know that even though I am an adult, have done lots of research, put a lot of myself (emotionally) into my cockatiel's laying of eggs then hatching..both the babies didn't make it . It is a very devastating thing to go through and I know it will be a while before I want to put myself or my birds through that again. It isn't "easy".

10. The following user likes this post:

lolsavannahh (06-11-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    You could let her know that even though I am an adult, have done lots of research, put a lot of myself (emotionally) into my cockatiel's laying of eggs then hatching..both the babies didn't make it . It is a very devastating thing to go through and I know it will be a while before I want to put myself or my birds through that again. It isn't "easy".
    Thank you Mare, I will pass the word on.. Even adults sometimes have troubles and it's not that she's a kid that I am cautioning her.. I am sorry to hear about the babies

12. The following user likes this post:

Mare (06-12-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Ahh Mare,
    So sorry to hear about the babies.

14. The following 2 users like this post:

lolsavannahh (06-12-2016), Mare (06-12-2016)