User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just doesn't seem fair!!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)

Just doesn't seem fair!!

#gripe #gripe #​gripe​

I finally found a cage size to my liking but the bar spacing is too big!!!!

What is your opinion of this cage?

http://birdcages4less.com/page/B/PROD/Large_Bird_Cages/PA5738

Last edited by Lady; 06-08-2016 at 02:29 AM.

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    Aww.. Maybe they make something of the same size but with thinner bars? I have this cage:

and it's about 4 feet tall and very good quality for a small bird who doesnt bite bars. Many doors, and comes with perches its great. Also very large! Like I said mines about 4ft by 3ft+ by about 2 1/2 feet so is very roomy. Nash doesn't even use half of it.. I really like this cage for all birds up to a conure size
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

3. The following user likes this post:

Lady (07-10-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Sorry @lolsavannah;,
    I just saw your reply to this thread. That is a nice size cage for the birds you describe. Lady however is about 17-18 inches from head to tip of tail. She likes to bite on the bars on occasion and climb about her cage. I'll keep looking~
    Thanks

5. The following user likes this post:

lolsavannahh (07-10-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Sorry @lolsavannah;,
    I just saw your reply to this thread. That is a nice size cage for the birds you describe. Lady however is about 17-18 inches from head to tip of tail. She likes to bite on the bars on occasion and climb about her cage. I'll keep looking~
    Thanks
    The bars are very sturdy and can definately handle her climbing on them, but chewwing a ton, probably not. I hope you find the perfect cage soon though! It took me several months to decide on this cage for Nash, and I honestly don't think I would get anything different. You'll find one soon enough!(:

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-10-2016), Lady (07-11-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Thanks, it will be a day I will not know how to act. I will probably take tons of pictures and rearrange it countless times.

9. The following 2 users like this post:

lolsavannahh (07-11-2016), The Pinkertons (07-12-2016)

Parrots

haha that's what I did too! What is her cage like now? Is it just too small for your liking, or is she due for a new one?

11. The following user likes this post:

The Pinkertons (07-12-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

I have always wanted a much bigger cage. Mostly deeper or wider rather that tall, but if I can have all three without giving up my bed or bureau I'll take it.
    She really stays in or on her cage most of the time with the whole front of the cage open for her to climb to the playtop or go anywhere if she so chooses. She is fully flighted but doesn't venture anywhere much. If a loud noise scares her and she does come out of the cage she goes right to the floor. She will climb down and come sit with me from time to time or if I have something she wants.

13. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-11-2016), Dragonlady2 (07-11-2016), lolsavannahh (07-11-2016), The Pinkertons (07-12-2016)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    HQ and King make some great cages that may work for you.Depending on where your located they may or may not be easy to get.We have our Hahns in an HQ cage ...strong bars..top opens..I would imagine it would work for your little one HQ also makes a nice double flight cage with strong bars that would do the trick.
    Last edited by Cedardave; 07-12-2016 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Addition
    "Ivo"

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (07-16-2016), The Pinkertons (07-12-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Thanks @Cedardave, I think I'll be doing some more research on their site!

Quote Originally Posted by lolsavannahh View Post
    Aww.. Maybe they make something of the same size but with thinner bars? I have this cage:

and it's about 4 feet tall and very good quality for a small bird who doesnt bite bars. Many doors, and comes with perches its great. Also very large! Like I said mines about 4ft by 3ft+ by about 2 1/2 feet so is very roomy. Nash doesn't even use half of it.. I really like this cage for all birds up to a conure size
    Where can I find a cage like this and what's the price tag like?
    She decided to free herself, dance into the wind, create a new language. And birds fluttered around her, writing “yes” in the sky.
    Monique Duval