User Tag List

Thread: Scarlet Macaw Law to be passed

Scarlet Macaw Law to be passed

Is anyone here aware that the Scarlet Macaw is going to be added to the ESA List. So many people are mistaken thinking that all these laws will only affect breeders and if they are not a breeder, they have nothing to worry about. That is NOT TRUE, especially if you live in a state which automatically makes it illegal to own, have in your possession or even parts of anything listed (including the feathers). Those Animal Rights groups are working at getting laws passed with the ultimate goal to make it illegal to own ANY animal.

We have until TODAY AT 11:59 pm ET to add our voice to stop this. Please do and know the African Greys are next up on their list. Take 5 minutes out of your life and add your opposition to this because we need to stop what is going on and don't think that it will never happen to your species.

You have till 11:59 June 6th to express your feeling about adding the
    Scarlet macaw to the ESA list. This is in no way helpful and the species
    should not be listed. Here's why. IT DOES NOT SERVE THE GREATER GOOD.

1. The species is not endangered. The IUCN Red Book lists them as least
    concern.

2. Wild Scarlet macaws cannot be imported into the USA and are protected
    by the WBCA of 1992.

3. There are at least 25 states that automatically adopt the federal
    list of endangered species to their state list, making it illegal in the
    state to even have the bird or its feathers in your possession. There is
    no grandfathering and if you have a Scarlet macaw and live in one of
    these states you will become a criminal over night. USFW is NOW aware of
    these state laws.

4. Many people sell their molted feathers to Native Americans and the
    feathers are very valuable to Native Americans. However, it will be
    illegal for you to sell the feathers. Even giving them away and
    receiving a gift in return or asking for and receiving payment for
    shipping is not legal.

5. This will have a horrible impact on the manufactures of bird food,
    cages, toys, veterinarians and more as the species slowly disappears
    from our homes.

6. This brings us one step closer to listing Hyacinth macaws and African
    Greys.

The species may be listed with a special dispensation which will allow
    interstate commerce and that is better than nothing. However, they will
    still be illegal in at least 25 states.

Click on the link to leave a comment.

https://www.regulations.gov/#!submit...2012-0039-0075

Banned

If this law gets passed...

• And if one has in their possession a Scarlet Macaw. What would be the consequences' ?
    • Would they seize your Companion Bird?

• What would become of all these Macaws?

• How are they going to care for the Macaws?

• The Shelters already are overflowing with unwanted Parrots.

• Would Euthanasia be the answer? of which these activist groups are against?

• Some how it seems the current Bill would be up against great opposition

• Do you have any info on the current Bill they are trying to inforce for our review ?

I Don't see anywhere on the link you provided, where it pertains to what you are describing. The gist of what I'm understanding is...

Redefining Boundary VS Different Subspecies of Macaws in their Native Habitat. Please
    advise me if I have overlooked something
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 06-06-2016 at 05:24 PM.

3. The following user likes this post:

Macaw Lover (06-07-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Good grief there is a lot of reading and understanding in this proposed regulation!

https://www.regulations.gov/#!docume...2012-0039-0075

When authorities confiscate anything, what do they do with that stuff? They don't keep it, they destroy it because it is illegal to own.

You are incorrect in thinking these AR groups are against euthanizing anything. They got caught a few years back where a van picked up a group of dogs they were supposed to be relocating and shot them dead on the side of the road. Oops

All their ads asking for money to 'take care' of all those forlorn looking dogs and cats, the ones they make you 'think' you will be helping, will not be helped. They are raking in the money to lobby our law makers to get all of THEIR bills passed. Go to the web site of HSUS or any of the others and really read their mission statements and understand their goal is to eliminate all those 'animals suffering' because there will no longer be ownership of any animals. According to them, any animal for human consumption is not to be done as that is suffering. Some people choose to become vegans, and if they want to do that, that is their choice but I want some beef, or chicken or fish or pork in my diet, don't FORCE me to not eat my choices because you have gotten laws changed to essentially kill off species of birds or dogs or cats claiming cruelty.

Look at Ringling Bros Circus. They basically got tired of being sued and having cities outlaw them to perform with the elephant acts. Ringling Bros gave in. Same with Sea World.

Wayne Pacelle of HSUS, is not a friend to the animals. He draws in a HUGE salary from all those $$$ people send in thinking they are 'saving lives'. When Katrina hit and all those pets needed to be saved not one of those AR groups was down there to help, it was individual rescues who did the back breaking work but it sure was all the AR groups out there begging for the money to help but not like they turned over one cent to the people who did the work.

Thanks Alice for posting that link as I should have but I have too much on my mind right now to even realize it.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    This thread involves a topic that is clearly controversial among folks. It has thus been moved accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaw Lover View Post
    When Katrina hit and all those pets needed to be saved not one of those AR groups was down there to help, it was individual rescues who did the back breaking work but it sure was all the AR groups out there begging for the money to help but not like they turned over one cent to the people who did the work.
    I watched a documentary on PBS about the aftermath of Katrina. It was specifically about saving the victim pets in the area. Its focus was to follow HSUS members and teams during their rescue missions traveling around to the affected locations, entering the ruins, and rescuing stranded pets. The workers were actually employees of the Humane Society of the United States; they each had on "HSUS" jackets and shirts and identified themselves as "Humane Society" personnel. So I'm not sure the statement of yours which I've quoted above is completely accurate, Renee'. I know there is some merit in much of what you've expressed, however. In any event, these matters are a serious concern.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!