User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: irritants

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post

I'm fairly sure that no exercise is a sure way to lower your metabolism, Kendra . And bad eating habits won't help it either. Regular exercise is how you would boost your metabolism. Daily cardio -like treadmill or bicycle- and resistance training -like weights and core exercises (e.g., pushups, pull-ups, crunches, etc)- can be very effective at boosting one's metabolism. I'm in my late 50's and used to weigh nearly 200 pounds. So in 2009 I began a daily workout regimen. My excess body weight literally started falling off... and it has not returned. To this day I'm still at just 150 pounds. And all because of the change that I implemented upon my metabolism. If I want, now, I can slack off on my workouts (such as when I haven't got the time or if just want a break for a while). Even if I put my workout sessions on hold for as much as two weeks at a time -I don't often stop for that long though- I never gain back that unwanted weight. And I mean not even a small amount of it! My weight just maintains. Plus -and you might really like this- I can eat as much as I want. I have a huge appetite but it never causes me to gain any of the weight back. And it's all because I conditioned my body to burn calories on its own. So that's it. I should also mention though that everyone isn't the same. So what has worked for me may not work quite as well for others. But then again, a metabolism boost might work wonders for you, too. I'd say it's at least worth a try
    Ahhh, yes, the dreaded E word. I was hoping there was another way to boost my metabolism. LOL. You are right though, although I fight doing any exercise as much as I can. I just HATE to be hot and sweat. So ridiculous, but at this point, I may not have any other choice.

As far as my friend goes, there are 3 sides to every story. So I am not judging her so much as I am exasperated by the whole situation. Who knows, if I were her, I might feel the same way.

I see what you are saying about peer pressure. It is very tough and can be ugly. But that isn't what it is. I live in a town where the children are very privileged (my children are not included) and most kids that play sports have their own trainers or extra "camps". So that wouldn't be considered a negative thing, it's the norm here. Plus, he was one of the better players on the freshman team, they called him up to Varsity for most of the season. So no one would give him a hard time. He just doesn't want to do it. I thought it would be cool to have NFL players coaching, but I think he thinks it will be way too hard core. My son is a pretty tough, stubborn cookie. So I guess we will just go with the lifting unless Jef can convince him otherwise. I will just be on pins and needles hoping he doesn't get pummeled on the field next fall.
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (11-16-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post

Ahhh, yes, the dreaded E word. I was hoping there was another way to boost my metabolism. LOL. You are right though, although I fight doing any exercise as much as I can. I just HATE to be hot and sweat. So ridiculous, but at this point, I may not have any other choice.

As far as my friend goes, there are 3 sides to every story. So I am not judging her so much as I am exasperated by the whole situation. Who knows, if I were her, I might feel the same way.

I see what you are saying about peer pressure. It is very tough and can be ugly. But that isn't what it is. I live in a town where the children are very privileged (my children are not included) and most kids that play sports have their own trainers or extra "camps". So that wouldn't be considered a negative thing, it's the norm here. Plus, he was one of the better players on the freshman team, they called him up to Varsity for most of the season. So no one would give him a hard time. He just doesn't want to do it. I thought it would be cool to have NFL players coaching, but I think he thinks it will be way too hard core. My son is a pretty tough, stubborn cookie. So I guess we will just go with the lifting unless Jef can convince him otherwise. I will just be on pins and needles hoping he doesn't get pummeled on the field next fall.
    Here's an idea... just start working out with your son . That would get your metabolism up, I'm sure. Just kidding, of course... I'm guessing that wouldn't work for a number of reasons heh.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-16-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Here's an idea... just start working out with your son . That would get your metabolism up, I'm sure. Just kidding, of course... I'm guessing that wouldn't work for a number of reasons heh.
    Ha! Unless it was in a boxing ring!!
    Rosie & Kendra

6. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (11-16-2016)