User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: irritants

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Frickin' people!! They "GRIPE" me out!!

https://www.thedodo.com/pet-bird-dum...909196040.html

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I agree @Mare, it's a sad world when you can abandon a loved one . Some folks just don't get it!

3. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (07-10-2016), Mare (07-09-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Here is my gripe....it has been a crappy week.

1. My son was super sick over the weekend.
    2. While we were in DC someone stole our CC number and started making charges. This happens EVERY time we go away. It is taken care of, but really annoying.
    3. Went to the Dr. for my regular visit wanting to speak with him about my weight. It just keeps going up and up even though I have doing a god awful smoothie diet. First thing out of his mouth, before I can broach the subject is a sarcastic "are you pregnant?". Ugh. He then tells me I am binge eating (I am not) and wants to put me on medication for that. At least he took a blood test to check my thyroid so maybe he believes me...a little.
    4. A friend that I have had for 10 years pretty much dumped me last night bc of issues our kids are having. Thankfully we had drifted apart over the last year or I would be crushed.
    5. I found an excellent football training program for my son in a town that is about 10 minutes from us. It is in a gym owned by Kevin Johnson and the program is coached by 5 retired NFL players. I thought it would be a great way for my son to bulk up and improve since he will be playing varsity full time next fall (and it scare the living daylights our of me). My son has flat out refused to even go to the information session and is acting as if I am trying to get him to put spikes under his fingernails.
    6. My headstrong Rosie decides it will be fun to eat a dime and fights me tooth and nail over it. Which is never fun considering her beak is the size of my fist.

I am so over this week and it is only Wednesday. I was going to make a hair appointment but I think I will wait until next week, when the bad karma has vacated my vicinity. Sigh... Thanks for reading my rant.
    Last edited by kendrafitz; 11-16-2016 at 04:15 PM.
    Rosie & Kendra

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Oh my. what is the saying...."this too shall pass". So sorry to hear you are having a rough week. Maybe time for a ladies day at the spa?

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Oh my. what is the saying...."this too shall pass". So sorry to hear you are having a rough week. Maybe time for a ladies day at the spa?
    Thanks Helena. And you are right, it will pass. I just need to put my head down and muddle through. But I thought I would rant a bit too. I am the type of girl who is not afraid to complain, after all.
    Rosie & Kendra

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-16-2016), Lady (11-20-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Excellent rant, it does you good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O35PTBEw8F8
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-16-2016), kendrafitz (11-16-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post

Here is my gripe....it has been a crappy week.

1. My son was super sick over the weekend.
    2. While we were in DC someone stole our CC number and started making charges. This happens EVERY time we go away. It is taken care of, but really annoying.
    3. Went to the Dr. for my regular visit wanting to speak with him about my weight. It just keeps going up and up even though I have doing a god awful smoothie diet. First thing out of his mouth, before I can broach the subject is a sarcastic "are you pregnant?". Ugh. He then tells me I am binge eating (I am not) and wants to put me on medication for that. At least he took a blood test to check my thyroid so maybe he believes me...a little.
    4. A friend that I have had for 10 years pretty much dumped me last night bc of issues our kids are having. Thankfully we had drifted apart over the last year or I would be crushed.
    5. I found an excellent football training program for my son in a town that is about 10 minutes for us. It is in a gym owned by Kevin Johnson and the program is coached by 5 retired NFL players. I thought it would be a great way for my son to bulk up and improve since he will be playing varsity full time next fall (and it scare the living daylights our of me). My son has flat out refused to even go to the information session and is acting as if I am trying to get him to put spikes under his fingernails.
    6. My headstrong Rosie decides it will be fun to eat a dime and fights me tooth and nail over it. Which is never fun considering her beak is the size of my fist. :

I am so over this week and it is only Wednesday. I was going to make a hair appointment but I think I will wait until next week, when the bad karma has vacated my vicinity. Sigh... Thanks for reading my rant.
    1. I hope he's feeling better.
    2. Sorry to hear about this. I HATE thieves!
    3. If your thyroid test returns normal, you might consider trying to boost your metabolism. If you can do that, I bet you'll find that it far exceeds the results of any diet you may have pursued. That's because your body will have learned to burn the calories naturally.
    4. I empathize with you. I well know what it's like to lose friends over issues of perspective
    5. Perhaps your son is concerned (secretly or otherwise) about how his participation in the program may be viewed by his peers?
    6. Wouldn't that be beak and nail?

Here's to an improvement in your luck, Kendra!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

11. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-16-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Excellent rant, it does you good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O35PTBEw8F8
    AWESOME! Rosie is singing and dancing along to the song. And now she is SCREAMING...really.
    Rosie & Kendra

13. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (11-16-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    1. I hope he's feeling better.
    2. Sorry to hear about this. I HATE thieves!
    3. If your thyroid test returns normal, you might consider trying to boost your metabolism. If you can do that, I bet you'll find that it far exceeds the results of any diet you may have pursued. That's because your body will have learned to burn the calories naturally.
    4. I empathize with you. I well know what it's like to lose friends over issues of perspective
    5. Perhaps your son is concerned (secretly or otherwise) about how his participation in the program may be viewed by his peers?
    6. Wouldn't that be beak and nail?

Here's to an improvement in your luck, Kendra!
    Thanks Tony! He is feeling much better and is back in school.

How does one boost their metabolism? I will have to research that. I think I am just getting older and my bad eating habits and strict no exercise routine are catching up with me.

Thank you for the empathy about the friend. I know you have dealt with losing friends. The thing that annoys me to no end is it is over our 14 year old sons. They are their own people at this point. I do not care one way or the other about what happens with the boys, unless there is a SERIOUS problem. My son handles his friend issues himself, he is too old for me to get involved with petty stuff. So our friendship should not depend on if the boys are friends or not. It's just ridiculous. I have another good friend that I made when my son was in Kindergarten, our boys were best friends. In 3rd grade they decided they didn't like each other. We stayed friends bc we enjoy each others company. We just do things when the boys are at school. Anyway, just like any other kids, they changed their minds and decided in about 7th grade that they liked each other again. So basing your friends on your kids likes is just silly. Oh well, it is what it is.

It is very sweet of you to worry about my son's concerns. In reality, he is an ornery teenager and if I said he couldn't do it, he would be fighting to do it. I don't really think he is worried about what his friends will think. Thank God my kids have their own minds and do what they feel is best, regardless. I do think he is more concerned that the kids going are hardcore players, looking for college and NFL careers. Which actually could be true. He isn't looking for that path. I also think that he has been playing 6 days a week since June and is a bit burned out. Regardless, I just want him to get big enough that he won't get killed on the field, and if he were to improve all the better. So he is going to see a trainer to bulk up over the winter as well as working out at school a couple days both with the football team and lacrosse team. He wants to play LAX this spring for the first time, which is hysterical to me.

Yes, you are right, beak is much more appropriate. LOL. She seems to have forgiven me. While Jean-Pierre's song was playing she started screaming and demanding UP. She then proceeded to try to feed me lunch. So I guess all is forgiven.
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Thanks Tony! He is feeling much better and is back in school.
    Good to hear

How does one boost their metabolism? I will have to research that. I think I am just getting older and my bad eating habits and strict no exercise routine are catching up with me.
    I'm fairly sure that no exercise is a sure way to lower your metabolism, Kendra . And bad eating habits won't help it either. Regular exercise is how you would boost your metabolism. Daily cardio -like treadmill or bicycle- and resistance training -like weights and core exercises (e.g., pushups, pull-ups, crunches, etc)- can be very effective at boosting one's metabolism. I'm in my late 50's and used to weigh nearly 200 pounds. So in 2009 I began a daily workout regimen. My excess body weight literally started falling off... and it has not returned. To this day I'm still at just 150 pounds. And all because of the change that I implemented upon my metabolism. If I want, now, I can slack off on my workouts (such as when I haven't got the time or if just want a break for a while). Even if I put my workout sessions on hold for as much as two weeks at a time -I don't often stop for that long though- I never gain back that unwanted weight. And I mean not even a small amount of it! My weight just maintains. Plus -and you might really like this- I can eat as much as I want. I have a huge appetite but it never causes me to gain any of the weight back. And it's all because I conditioned my body to burn calories on its own. So that's it. I should also mention though that everyone isn't the same. So what has worked for me may not work quite as well for others. But then again, a metabolism boost might work wonders for you, too. I'd say it's at least worth a try

Thank you for the empathy about the friend. I know you have dealt with losing friends. The thing that annoys me to no end is it is over our 14 year old sons. They are their own people at this point. I do not care one way or the other about what happens with the boys, unless there is a SERIOUS problem. My son handles his friend issues himself, he is too old for me to get involved with petty stuff. So our friendship should not depend on if the boys are friends or not. It's just ridiculous. I have another good friend that I made when my son was in Kindergarten, our boys were best friends. In 3rd grade they decided they didn't like each other. We stayed friends bc we enjoy each others company. We just do things when the boys are at school. Anyway, just like any other kids, they changed their minds and decided in about 7th grade that they liked each other again. So basing your friends on your kids likes is just silly. Oh well, it is what it is.
    I can't disagree with you on any of the above, Kendra. I don't know the details but based upon your explanation, your ex-friend's decision seems a bit unreasonable

It is very sweet of you to worry about my son's concerns. In reality, he is an ornery teenager and if I said he couldn't do it, he would be fighting to do it. I don't really think he is worried about what his friends will think. Thank God my kids have their own minds and do what they feel is best, regardless. I do think he is more concerned that the kids going are hardcore players, looking for college and NFL careers. Which actually could be true. He isn't looking for that path. I also think that he has been playing 6 days a week since June and is a bit burned out. Regardless, I just want him to get big enough that he won't get killed on the field, and if he were to improve all the better. So he is going to see a trainer to bulk up over the winter as well as working out at school a couple days both with the football team and lacrosse team. He wants to play LAX this spring for the first time, which is hysterical to me.
    Okay. I was just speculating about him possibly being concerned that some of his friends/peers may come out with the attitude: "What's the matter? Can't you cut it on your own like the rest of us?" Peer pressure and anticipation of such can be pretty powerful. Maybe that's not it, though.

Yes, you are right, beak is much more appropriate. LOL. She seems to have forgiven me. While Jean-Pierre's song was playing she started screaming and demanding UP. She then proceeded to try to feed me lunch. So I guess all is forgiven.
    I'm glad for both of you
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!