User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: irritants

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)

irritants

I think there may be a role among our community for a new hash tag called ​#gripe​. It can serve as a label for grouping posts that express various personal irritants relating not only to our forum community, but to anything at all that tends to peeve the poster.

To start things off, my initial gripe has to do with rudeness and arrogance. One example of such is when a person somehow feels excessively entitled to engage in certain actions or to possess certain perceived rights or property, and who does so to the point that their actions impose upon the rights and/or possessions of others. I have seen this a lot in life and it has been a long-standing main peeve for me. Another example is when an individual leaves someone hanging for a reply to a communication effort - such as when forum members don't at least acknowledge a PM. Sure there can be legitimate explanations for why some of these things may occur at times. But often there isn't.

So it's your turn now

Note: You don't have to reply here (you may do so if you wish, though). However, please feel free to place the #gripe tag within the message body of any post you submit in any thread, as long as there's a personal peeve expressed within your text.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following user likes this post:

Christinenc2000 (06-07-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Well it's been awhile since I used the hash tag so let's see if I can remember how. I barely get the mention to work correctly for me, but that's my issue and if I use it more I will get better at it so here goes.

Today I have a #gripe with the weather forecast. It was to thunderstorms on and off all day. I hence canceled my shopping trips and it is beautiful out. Go figure because I sure could of enjoyed getting some much needed shopping done instead of cleaning up my closet.

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-02-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    I think there may be a role among our community for a new hash tag called ​#gripe ​. It can serve as a label for grouping posts that express various personal irritants relating not only to our forum community, but to anything at all that tends to peeve the poster.

To start things off, my initial gripe has to do with rudeness and arrogance. One example of such is when a person somehow feels excessively entitled to engage in certain actions or to possess certain perceived rights or property, and who does so to the point that their actions impose upon the rights and/or possessions of others. I have seen this a lot in life and it has been a long-standing main peeve for me. Another example is when an individual leaves someone hanging for a reply to a communication effort - such as when forum members don't at least acknowledge a PM. Sure there can be legitimate explanations for why some of these things may occur at times. But often there isn't.

So it's your turn now
    Note: You don't have to reply here (you may do so if you wish, though). However, please feel free to place the #gripe tag within the message body of any post you submit in any thread, as long as there's a personal peeve expressed within your text.
    learning how to take snippets from text #gripe and many other things

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Hmmm...let me see. This weekend it would be children with horrible manners and no regard for rules. Actually, it should be parents that don't teach their kids to be respectful.

My daughter had 2 girls over (1 who is great, 1 who isn't to put it mildly). It was not a nice day so they were told no pool and I would be inside. The not so great girl shoved the other in the deep end of the pool with all her clothing on. Thank goodness she knows how to swim and wasn't holding her iPhone. I was really upset. The culprit lied, said the other tripped. Then when she left, she didn't say goodbye or thank you. Ick. Needless to say the kid will not be back.

Sadly, I cannot figure out how to get the whole #gripe thing to work, so I will just leave it at this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kendrafitz; 06-05-2016 at 09:46 PM.
    Rosie & Kendra

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-02-2016), Mare (07-02-2016)

Banned

#gripe Your Fortunate that it didn't end in tragedy . What a nasty Kid, hopefully she'll change her attitude, otherwise she's not going to have any friends.

9. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (06-06-2016), Macaw Lover (06-06-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Hmmm...let me see. This weekend it would be children with horrible manners and no regard for rules. Actually, it should be parents that don't teach their kids to be respectful.

My daughter had 2 girls over (1 who is great, 1 who isn't to put it mildly). It was not a nice day so they were told no pool and I would be inside. The not so great girl shoved the other in the deep end of the pool with all her clothing on. Thank goodness she knows how to swim and wasn't holding her iPhone. I was really upset. The culprit lied, said the other tripped. Then when she left, she didn't say goodbye or thank you. Ick. Needless to say the kid will not be back.

Sadly, I cannot figure out how to get the whole #gripe thing to work, so I will just leave it at this.

Wherever you are going to put #gripe in the message. before you post you have to highlight #gripe then on the toolbar left click #TAG icon, SECOND TO THE LAST NEXT TO THE @ ICON

when your message has posted check to see if #gripe is active when you click on the active link it will take you to the thread =irritants there you will see a list of posts that you can click on to read sort of like a sub-forum

Parrots

Suzanne - so true. I was keeping an eye on them but when I heard the splash I almost died. I know my daughter and the girl who go pushed in are rule followers, it didn't occur to me the other would push someone in. Sigh... we have had lots of issues with this kid and sadly for her most of the group of girls doesn't like her.
    Can't wait for this school year to end.

I tried that from my tablets, phone and computer. Either my stuff isn't compatible or I am just a mess. Lol. The latter is probably the case. I'm not overly concerned about it though. Thank you for helping though.

Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    I tried that from my tablets, phone and computer. Either my stuff isn't compatible or I am just a mess. Lol. The latter is probably the case. I'm not overly concerned about it though. Thank you for helping though.
    Kendra: Sorry to hear about the PITA girl . As for the hash tagging, please look at the following reply I've submitted for Alice: http://www.preciselyparrots.com/show...ll=1#post71057

Parrots

Tony- Will do. I will try from my computer later today. Thanks!

Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

Everyone: you don't have to put the same hash tag in every reply within a thread. For example, I would only include the tag word #gripe in a new reply if I were appending additional gripe info