User Tag List

Thread: Might be fostering a lovie soon...

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash

Might be fostering a lovie soon...

I cannot tell you the full details of this fostering now, because it does involve quite a sad story.. but I think I will be taking in a new female lovebird within the next few weeks. I will elaborate on this once I get the "ALL-clear" to be taking about it.. She is very cute, not tamed, but about the age of Nash as well. They will not be housed together, and will never interact.. but still will hear and see each-other, which I think will be good for Nash.

I don't want another bird at all, but this is a dire situation, and since I am on Summer break, I see no reason not to because I have the time and money to help tame her so she can eventually be adopted out. Like I said, I really don't want another bird, and this is only temporary.. so I will do it until she can go back. I know this is SUPER vague.. but I hope to let you all know the fullness of it whenever I am allowed to tell. It is still secret to the public too. I hope to only have her for 2-3 months, so it won't be too bad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dory.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	4137

This is her! She is kind of a greenish color, with a light orang-y pink on her face. Shes very timid, but as you can see she was held for this picture so she is willing to be tamed!
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-11-2016), kendrafitz (06-04-2016), Lady (06-04-2016), Mare (06-03-2016), The Pinkertons (06-04-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    She's a cute little thing . I hope things work out well for her. What happens if no one adopts her after a couple of months?..

4. The following user likes this post:

lolsavannahh (06-04-2016)

Banned

She's adorable. I'm anxious to hear all the details.

6. The following user likes this post:

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    She's a cute little thing . I hope things work out well for her. What happens if no one adopts her after a couple of months?..
    Well I'm actually not keeping her until she finds a home, I am just keeping her until the people I am fostering from find a home XD I will definitely give her to them.. not ready for a new bird.. much less a little devil like a lovebird!

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (06-11-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    What a wonderful thing to do . Best wishes on great success with her. She is quite cute too.

10. The following user likes this post:

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Aha Lolsavannahh's new boot camp for rowdy lovebirds
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (06-05-2016), lolsavannahh (06-04-2016)

Parrots

Hey, It could happen one day Jean!!

Parrots

Alright ya'll, I can tell you the full details now!

The parrot/companion bird rescue I volunteer at regularly is actually having quite a few problems right now.. They have run the rescue out of their home for I believe 2 years now, and have not had an issue. They don't have a TON of land, but there's a good bit of space between them and their neighbors... Unfortunately, 40+ birds are loud especially when together, and the neighbors have complained. The HOA sent them a letter about 2 weeks ago saying that they have 30 days to get the rescue, and most of the birds out of there. This didn't really come as a shock... we thought it would happen eventually, but only given 30 days was the shock.. We have to find fosters for about 40 birds right now ranging from Macaws to Budgies, and we have to do it fast. I offered to take one, and many many other people did too.
    This is why I am taking in Dory for a bit, I will get her on Tuesday, and do some updates with her. I am sad to say it has come to this. The owners are looking for a new house, and as soon as they get one, I can give Dory back, but they also may be looking for a storefront to run out of. I certainly do not want a new bird, but to foster one for a few months won't be an issue. I am sorry to keep you guys in the dark, but I believe I have gotten the all clear here now.

15. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (06-11-2016), Mare (06-11-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    That's a tough one . I wish the owners good luck on finding a place, quickly!

Parrots

Thanks Mare.. It means a lot. I hope that since Dory will get some much needed 1x1 times she will get a new home much faster than before! She is not tamed, but I believe I can change that with some millet and months of persuasion... XD

18. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (06-12-2016), Mare (06-12-2016)