User Tag List

Thread: If You Could Travel

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique

If You Could Travel

Good morning all. I watched an interesting show on Nat Geo Wild last night about birds of paradise and it made me wonder if I could travel to one place in the world and study the bird population of that area where would I go. I think my answer would be the rain forest, I would love to see the native birds in their natural environment there, so I post the question to my fellow bird enthusiast:

If you could travel to one place in the world and study the birds of that area, where would you go?

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (06-03-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I've been to France lots of times but I've never actually seen a Golden Oriole in the wild

I would love to see an Albatross following my boat in the Southern Ocean... but only for about ten minutes cos its cold down there
    I hate to see exotic birds in zoos - they shouldn't be in cages to be gawked at by humans.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (06-03-2016), PlaxMacaws (06-03-2016)

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    Austrailia! THey have lots of wild parrots ( mostly cockatoos ), and the place is also very beautiful!
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (06-03-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I would love to see umbrella cockatoos in their native habitat, Indonesia

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    If I could travel I would like to visit every place they are and spend the warmer times of the year watching them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lolsavannahh View Post
    Austrailia! THey have lots of wild parrots ( mostly cockatoos ), and the place is also very beautiful!
    I'm with you Savannah !

10. The following user likes this post:

lolsavannahh (06-04-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    I would love to see umbrella cockatoos in their native habitat, Indonesia
    That's Beautiful too!

Banned

Nice picture