User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First baby picture..

Sometimes there are things we just cannot see, and baby birds are pretty fragile for the first little bit. As I understand it, they have almost no immune system for a few weeks and are susceptible to stress reactions, not to mention internal issues. A bird, or a person for that matter, can seem big and healthy and still have a defect in a heart valve or a liver that stops working right through nobody's fault. You are an attentive and caring parront, and I think you should give yourself kudos for that~
    Penny Sebring | Kiki's Castle
    www.kikiscastle.com
    penny@kikiscastle.com

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Mare (05-31-2016), PlaxMacaws (05-31-2016), The Pinkertons (06-01-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Thank you, Penny.. I appreciate that. The baby that's left is getting big and vocal! When I got home from some work I had in town, I checked in and BOTH parents were out of the nest! I thought.."ohh, noo" . I checked and he/she was all perky and looking good! I picked him/her up and the crop was full,,this makes me a happy person!

4. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (05-31-2016)

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    So sorry about the one that did not make it is hard!! I had to do that a few times but it is fast to give a burial at sea and go back to watch the one that is going to make it. It helps me....

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (06-01-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Thanks, Charlie . The little one is doing pretty darn good. The parents are still being attentive and feeding herm, so for now, all is well!
    Last edited by Mare; 06-01-2016 at 12:30 AM.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Penny (06-07-2016), wingman (06-01-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    YAY congratulations on your new arrivals, I agree so ugly they are cute!

10. The following user likes this post:

Mare (06-03-2016)