User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First baby picture..

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    I love the little smiley face and cute feather butt!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Kendra, the first baby was hatched while I was down south visiting my dad. I remember Tim telling me on the phone, there is a yellow baby in the nest, I told him there's no way..they should be pink because they have no feathers when they hatch, right?! Wrong!..they have the yellow fuzz on their backs

2. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (05-28-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedardave View Post
    We always mix formula with the parents food when they are feeding.It makes it an easier transition when you pull them and begin hand feeding.
    We never handle the babies before we pull them as some bird species will stomp the babies once they are returned..Eclectus in particular.
    More babies are a for sure unless you separate them.It seems that once they have done it successfully once they will continue until your house is full of little feathered ones.
    If you do separate them you may still end up with eggs being layed...they will just be duds.She will tend to them and eventually give up and walk away..you then remove them.

Thank you, Dave! That helps me a lot! . Thankfully Jelly and Chip didn't have a problem with me touching them, except with the taking them out of the box part!

4. The following user likes this post:

Penny (05-31-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    That is so funny and cute! I had no idea they were born with fuzzy butts!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-29-2016), Penny (05-31-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    ohhhhhh how cute!!!!!!!

Soon it will be naming time .

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-29-2016), Penny (05-31-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    What a cute little fuzzball
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

10. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-29-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Here is the other pic I took on that same day..

I think I'm falling in love with these goofy little monkeys

12. The following 6 users like this post:

kendrafitz (05-29-2016), Lady (05-30-2016), Maddy (05-31-2016), Penny (05-31-2016), PlaxMacaws (05-30-2016), The Pinkertons (05-29-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Seems to me it would be easy to do Mare ~

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-30-2016), Penny (05-31-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Yesterday morning, when I checked in on the chicks with Jellybean..one was dead. It broke my heart to have to pull the little one...whew..still hard to talk/type about . There was nothing I could see wrong with the precious little body..no sign of parental abuse, I don't know why..

I thought about pulling the one that's left but after further thought,,Chip and Jelly are doing a MUCH better job than I think I could do at this age. I'm just so unsure of what to do next

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Mare: That's terribly sad news... I'm so sorry. It's possible there was something not quite right physically with the little one. If so, there would have been no way for you to know and perhaps nothing anyone could have done for such a fragile little being. Sometimes tragedies like this are simply happenstance
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-30-2016), Penny (05-31-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Thank you, Tony...that makes me feel better . The one that died, I believe to be the first hatched..it was the bigger of the two and it seemed the stronger and more vocal, also. The one that is left is staying strong, so far. I'm torn between checking in on them often (because it's upsetting to the parents when I lift the lid) or just once a day. I know when they feed and can also hear the baby chirping. I figure that this one that's left won't be two weeks before June 3.

I'm sure I could pull the chick now but I just want to do what's best for the baby..it's scary not knowing.

19. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (05-31-2016)