User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First baby picture..

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Hi, Maddy! I plan on keeping at least one but will probably end up with two . The parents aren't tame, I plan on starting to hand feed these guys between 2-3weeks old..I want them to be friendly birds .

I hope you and your crew are all doing well! Give us an update when you get the chance, I would love to hear!
    That is great! I hope we get to see pictures of them growing up!

I will post an update on my flock in a bit!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-28-2016), The Pinkertons (05-28-2016)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    simply adorable...
    "Ivo"

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-28-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Dave! Breeder of birds!! I have questions for you if you are willing..?..

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    for sure...how can I help you
    "Ivo"

7. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-28-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Ok, thanks! . I've been in touch with Charlie and he made me feel very comfortable with how things are going but I have some specific questions...

Do you mix formula with the food that the parents are feeding the young..if intending to pull them at two-three weeks to home grow?

When do you start holding/handling them. Do you wait till they are pulled from the nest?

Should I separate Jellybean and Chip after taking the babies from the nest? I don't want any more mating going on.

I appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Nobility Member

Parrots

WHOOHOO! Photobucket released! This is the first time I held one of the babies . They are way more precious than my cockatoos! . That says a lot!!

10. The following 6 users like this post:

kendrafitz (05-28-2016), Lady (05-28-2016), Penny (05-28-2016), PlaxMacaws (05-29-2016), The Pinkertons (05-29-2016), wingman (05-31-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    WHOOHOO! Photobucket released! This is the first time I held one of the babies . They are way more precious than my cockatoos! . That says a lot!!

to cute to sweet

12. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-28-2016)

So adorable!!
    Penny Sebring | Kiki's Castle
    www.kikiscastle.com
    penny@kikiscastle.com

14. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-28-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I love the little smiley face and cute feather butt!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-28-2016), Penny (05-29-2016)

Parrots

We always mix formula with the parents food when they are feeding.It makes it an easier transition when you pull them and begin hand feeding.
    We never handle the babies before we pull them as some bird species will stomp the babies once they are returned..Eclectus in particular.
    More babies are a for sure unless you separate them.It seems that once they have done it successfully once they will continue until your house is full of little feathered ones.
    If you do separate them you may still end up with eggs being layed...they will just be duds.She will tend to them and eventually give up and walk away..you then remove them.
    "Ivo"

18. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-28-2016)