User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Australian Red Rumped Parakeet

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Wow, just beautiful! Congratulations!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    Very cute! I thought you had decided not to get any more birdies much less two! LOL either way they are very lucky and will be loved
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lolsavannahh View Post
    Very cute! I thought you had decided not to get any more birdies much less two! LOL either way they are very lucky and will be loved
    Hi Savannah,
    I was Romancing the idea of getting a Blue Throated Macaw. After giving it considerable thought .
    I decided it wouldn't be fair to my Cockatoos, and it wouldn't be fair for the Macaw.

If I cant provide equal quality time. And the added cost of a large bird. Extra flight cage extra everything .

Plus the potential health danger of Old world and New world parrots cohabitating.
    The risk of the Macaw injuring my Majors, that are significantly smaller, would certainly outweigh any pleasure I could get from bringing in another High Maintenance Species.

I prefer to keep birds in pairs 'not to breed' but for the overall well being of their quality of life as a captive bird. I have never had a problem with my birds not getting along. These little Keets are no where near the high maintenance of a Macaw. I already have a flight cage for them. I enjoy their chatter, The male is colorful has a long tail like a Macaw. ( My Pixie Macaws ). The Red Rumped are an old world Species. My birds seem to enjoy their chatter. So all is well !

P.S. How's Photo Shop study going, if you'd like to practice Signatures with some pictures of my Birds let me know !
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 05-31-2016 at 06:01 AM.

4. The following user likes this post:

plax (05-31-2016)

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pinkertons View Post
    Hi Savannah,
    I was Romancing the idea of getting a Blue Throated Macaw. After giving it considerable thought .
    I decided it wouldn't be fair to my Cockatoos, and it wouldn't be fair for the Macaw.

If I cant provide equal quality time. And the added cost of a large bird. Extra flight cage extra everything .

Plus the potential health danger of Old world and New world parrots cohabitating.
    The risk of the Macaw injuring my Majors, that are significantly smaller, would certainly outweigh any pleasure I could get from bringing in another High Maintenance Species.

I prefer to keep birds in pairs 'not to breed' but for the overall well being of their quality of life as a captive bird. I have never had a problem with my birds not getting along. These little Keets are no where near the high maintenance of a Macaw. I already have a flight cage for them. I enjoy their chatter, The male is colorful has a long tail like a Macaw. ( My Pixie Macaws ). The Red Rumped are an old world Species. My birds seem to enjoy their chatter. So all is well !

P.S. How's Photo Shop study going, if you'd like to practice Signatures with some pictures of my Birds let me know !

Alright just wondering :P and I don't think I'll be able to do photoshop for you guys.. My schedule is pretty busy as it is and I just don't think I will be able to do it :/ Sorry guys!
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 05-31-2016 at 04:17 PM.
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lolsavannahh View Post
    Alright just wondering :P and I don't think I'll be able to do photoshop for you guys.. My schedule is pretty busy as it is and I just don't think I will be able to do it :/ Sorry guys!
    I completely understand...I'm sure everyone else will also.

7. The following user likes this post:

plax (05-31-2016)

Banned

Theirs No Place Like Home

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160605_111754.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	4153Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160605_095351.jpg 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	4154Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160604_195837.jpg 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	4155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160604_195746.jpg 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	4156Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160604_195733.jpg 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	4157Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160605_114323.jpg 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	4158My sweet Little Red-Rumped Parakeets...

Are settling into their new Habitat, and feeling safe and happy.

Here are some pictures of their New Home.They are Grass and Ground foragers, I keep their food & water sources on the bottom, where they enjoy foraging.

I put a large Grape-Wood Trunk and Tuck Living Sprouted Watercress in the crevices, they absolutely love it! also highly nutritious.

I also hung a Big Bird Bungee Boing and a Snuggle Hut. I Cut a large Nontoxic Tree Branch along with some Manzanita Natural Perches.

Their Voice is Soft, Melodious, Soothing, Giving us a great deal of pleasure. I want to return the favor, by showing my appreciation, providing them a lifetime full of enrichment!

Thank You for all the Joy you bring into my life... I haven't decided on names yet.

Name:	20160604_185042.jpg 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	4149Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160604_185422.jpg 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	4150Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160605_113055.jpg 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	4151Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160604_185311.jpg 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	4152

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-05-2016), kendrafitz (06-05-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    WOW You did a great job. I'm sure they are loving it!!!

Banned

They are

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    So how are the beautiful Violet and Chipper doing? I would love to hear an update .

13. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-10-2016)

Banned

We are loved

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    So how are the beautiful Violet and Chipper doing? I would love to hear an update .
    We are doing just fine...settling into our forever home, Mom lets us fly free to stretch our wings. We like to fly around with Bella, and hang out on Bentley & Bella's "our cousins" play gym. Mom rearranged our house so that we have more room to move around, on nice days we get to enjoy the fresh air and natural sunlight outdoors on the patio under filtered sunlight so we don't get to hot. Overall we are most fortunate to share our life here.

Our hopes & whishes are for all captive creatures, that have no voice, to be loved and cared for as we are.

Name:	20160710_084709.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	4292
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 07-10-2016 at 04:38 PM.

15. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-10-2016), Dragonlady2 (07-10-2016), kendrafitz (07-10-2016), Lady (07-10-2016)