User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Australian Red Rumped Parakeet

Hybrid View

Banned

Australian Red Rumped Parakeet

Well I got a pair of little AUSTRALIAN GRASS KEETS yesterday. Red Rumped Parakeets. I haven't named them yet . Their sweet little cuties , they came as a pair male and female, Red rumps Like to be in pairs. The male's colors are striking vivid colors turquoise, cobalt, yellow.

He sports the red spot on back when mature after first molt. the female does not carry the red spot. Female with muted colors of olive green, yellow. blue , grey.

Ill take some pictures soon, they have a melodious rolling chirp, softer and lower pitched than a Budgie , Somewhat like a canary. here's some pictures and info on the Grass Parakeets Red Rumped... http://parrotfacts.net/red-rumped-parrot/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	4119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	4120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	4121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	4122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	4123Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	4124Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	4125

2. The following 7 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-31-2016), kendrafitz (05-29-2016), Lady (05-28-2016), Mare (05-27-2016), mdg1109 (05-29-2016), plax (05-27-2016), wingman (05-27-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Wow! That's exciting! . Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics of yours, did you get them from a breeder?

4. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (05-29-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Wow! That's exciting! . Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics of yours, did you get them from a breeder?
    No I got them at a neighborhood family owned Pet Supply.
    I was over there about a month ago. At that time they had a pair of Rosy Bourke Grass Parakeets. I kept thinking about the Bourke's, wanted to get a pair .

They were sold. I called around seems there not to common. I didn't want to drive to Fallbrook 85ML ONE WAY to a Breeder. Didn't want to have them shipped. I like to see the Bird. The Red Rumped are cute too. although these guys can be aggressive with other birds in there size range. Bourke's are supposedly docile. Actually Red Rumps are a little bigger.Their sweet and have a lovely voice.
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 05-27-2016 at 03:02 AM.

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-27-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Very nice, Suzanne. I'll be looking forward to the photos
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    Love them so beautiful!!!

Banned

Pictures of Red-Rumped Babys

Ok here's some pictures. Their not so good they are still baby's The male hasn't molted out his baby feathers, that's why he doesn't have a red back-side his adult colors will display more vividly. The female will always be muted. I haven't decided on names yet. I'm including pictures of their future indoor home. I'm in the process of remolding their new house. No worries. nothing is toxic, these Keets are not chewers. I'm not concerned about them chewing the wood or the bars which are GAW= galvanized after weld When I get the palace set up I'll post more pictures.

Name:	rr5.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	4127

Name:	rr4.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	4128

Name:	rr.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	4129

Name:	rr3.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	4130

Name:	rr4.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	4128

Name:	rr7.jpg 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	4131

Name:	rr6.jpg 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	4132

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-10-2016), Dragonlady2 (05-31-2016), kendrafitz (05-29-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Nice additions! Thanks for sharing, Suzanne
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh they are cute! Love the long tail feathers .

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    very nice....
    "Ivo"

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Suzanne they are simply stunning, I can't wait to see pictures. Congratulations on your new additions!