User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping budgies separate

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001N...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    I was thinking this unless you think the Kaytee birdcage has enough room, that would save 5 bucks. What do you think? The price difference isn't much so which is better?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B1n View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001N...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    I was thinking this unless you think the Kaytee birdcage has enough room, that would save 5 bucks. What do you think? The price difference isn't much so which is better?
    I think you made a wise choice. In the long run cheap is expensive ...let say you buy the one that is $5.00 less.

Then later on you you realize that it doesn't' fulfill your needs. So now, you to have purchase the other one, that was only 5 bucks more ...

Now that cage is costing you over $50.00. But on the flip side, it's always good to have an extra smaller cage handy for Veterinary visits, travel ,or temporary housing for whatever reason. Either way, your on the right track .

Doing your research is Key to keeping a happy, healthy, Companion Bird, Once you have decided on housing for your future Budgie . We can discuss proper diet and potential toys.

P.S. this is the fun part,.

Take Care , Suzanne

I'm going to sit on it, and stay on Craigslist just a little longer. So do you thing one is going to be more durable? The 41 dollar cage is larger but it might be flimsier.
    Thanks for all your help Suzanne!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B1n View Post
    I'm going to sit on it, and stay on Craigslist just a little longer. So do you thing one is going to be more durable? The 41 dollar cage is larger but it might be flimsier.
    Thanks for all your help Suzanne!
    OK no problem. If you have pet stores in your area, check out in person. if you can . I'm sure you will make the right choice !

I have one more question,
    I am going to start with one budgie, but when or if I get another I will cage them separately. I read somewhere that if you have them separate in different cages, instead of ignoring each other they will eventually go to the cage wall closest to the other bird and call for them, and be stressed out, do you think this would happen, or could budgies be separate while still seeing each other? And go on with life and bond with me?

Banned

I think they will bond with you if kept together.

Even if you keep them separate, you still need to train them on a consistent bases.

Since you are planning on only getting one for the time being. Work on training one at a time.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I personally would prefer to keep them together.
    The only time I would separate, is if they didn't get along.

I don't think that would be an issue with only 2 Budgies, in an adequately sized cage. But again the choice is ultimately yours.

You could keep the cages side by side. That would help them from getting stressed.
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 05-30-2016 at 05:59 AM.

I think they will both do fine in that cage. For something more sturdier, try Prevue Bird cages