User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We have babies!!!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Thanks everyone! I haven't gotten a photo, yet. It's been hard getting Chip and Jellybean to leave the nest, they are never both off the babies at the same time but this afternoon while Chip was out, I got another peek. There is still only two babies, who are growing quickly..and one egg that hasn't hatched. I wanted to make sure that their crops were being filled by mom and dad and yes, they are. The parents are doing a great job

2. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (05-25-2016), Lady (05-25-2016)

I hope the happy pair will let us see the little ones soon. Have Amigo and Sassy noticed yet?
    Penny Sebring | Kiki's Castle
    www.kikiscastle.com
    penny@kikiscastle.com

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-26-2016), The Pinkertons (05-26-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Surprisingly, Amigo and Sassy have been concerned with the little peeps that are emitting from the box! They are the aunt and uncle after all . I really think they've been considerate of the noise level too..once in a while..
    Last edited by Mare; 05-26-2016 at 02:17 AM.

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-26-2016), kendrafitz (05-26-2016), Penny (05-26-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Surprisingly, Amigo and Sassy have been concerned with the little peeps that are emitting from the box! They are the aunt and uncle after all . I really think they've been considerate of the noise level too..once in a while..
    Mare are you keeping the baby's?

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-26-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

I'll definitely keep at least one of them, maybe both, Suzanne. My daughter's boyfriend of six years, is a bird person..not that he's ever owned a bird but my birds LOVE him, even Amigo!! When they stay here to house sit for us, Greg spends lots of time with the birds, he's even brought Amigo in from outside to put in his cage for the night. My daughter says she was scared to death for Greg but..there was no problem!

When the 'tiels were setting on the eggs, I asked Greg if he thought he might want one, (if they hatched) and he thinks he might. They visit often and as the babies progress we'll see how it goes

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Lady (05-26-2016), Penny (05-28-2016), Pinkbirdy (05-26-2016), The Pinkertons (05-26-2016)

Banned

Oh that's good, you won't have to worry about giong to a good home. If for some reason they/ he no longer can take care of bird , hopefully he can bring baby back to you .
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 05-26-2016 at 10:37 PM.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-27-2016), Penny (05-28-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by The Pinkertons View Post
    Oh that's good, you won't have to worry about giong to a good home. If for some reason they/ he no longer can take care of bird , hopefully he can bring baby back to you .

Exactly my thought, Suzanne! . These kids like to travel, hike/camp, and I'll take the little one back for good or just watch for a night or two, any time

14. The following user likes this post:

Penny (05-28-2016)

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    I think it was 2 to 3 before i started hand feeding

16. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-27-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Thanks, Charlie. Did you handle the babies much before that?